Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 04:47:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Libby  (Read 3372 times)
crazytom

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:24:55 AM »

I heard from Cody over night....Libby has suffered a stroke and is back in the hospital again....he said she is stable, but very weak...please send prayers for her...I'll update as soon as I hear any more
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:50:17 AM »

Just for clarification, did she have a second stroke or is this the one he posted about last night?  I hope it was just one stroke.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:26:26 AM »

Here the address to Cody's home.
Alice Clishe (libby)
 206 Maple Street
 Baraga, Michigan, 49908

Prayer for Doctors and Nurse as well to Libby and Cody to be in His hands.

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
cody

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:52 AM »

Kat, a second one. She had a very rough night but she is stable and doing ok, her speach is somewhat slurred and she is kinda droopy on her left side but otherwise she is showing improvement this morning.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:10:09 AM »

Rats, I was hoping it was just the one.  Well, you know you both have our prayers!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
chargePlus

1951 GMC PD4103-125

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »

Cody,

Both you and Libby are in our thoughts and prayers. We went through some challenges when Natasha's mother had a stroke a couple of years ago, so we have some understanding of what you are going through now. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.

- John and Natasha

Sports Car Lover and Bus Nut
1951 GMC PD4103-125 http://www.euliss-uftring.org/DaBus
Sports Car Club of America http://www.ncrscca.com/
Mazda Sports Car Club of NC http://www.msccnc.org/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »

Cody you & libby are in our thoughts and prayers as well! I thought about the two of you all the way to Chattanooga with unit #717 to be put in the shop for the major repair so it can be put in service! Except when the pretty blue and red lights started flashing! Then the only thing I was thinking about was "how to talk my way out of this jam since I'm too fat to run! LOL!"

Mike & Jay send there best wishes also!

Sad   BK   Sad
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:55:13 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 04:39:26 AM »

Cody & Libby,
Include us in those thoughts & prayers for Libby also.  Keep us updated here when you can.
Gary

Gary
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 06:52:54 AM »

Cody & Libby,
Include us in those thoughts & prayers for Libby also.  Keep us updated here when you can.
Gary

Amen!

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 07:30:45 AM »

So sorry to hear of this, keep your chin up, we are sure thinking of you guys up here.

Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
cody

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 09:52:44 AM »

Libby is home again, her condition is stable but she just doesn't seem to be gaining any strength, I think all this stuff has kinda knocked the poop out of her. Her speach is somewhat slurred and she has noticable weakness on her left side, the grand total for the last 3 weeks so far is acute renal failure, resperatory failure, cardiac arrest, pneunomia, a heart attack and 2 strokes, almost enough for anyone I think.  She is going to be dependant on oxygen for a long time from the looks of it and her progress will be measured in baby steps but any progress is still progress, we'll be able to have power chair races now, she is now the proud driver of a chair of her own at least she will be soon, we have the use of a power chair for her to keep the stress off her heart and lungs as much as possible, we need to replace the tubes and tires on the chair but thats minor and will be done as I have time, right now we're concentrating on assessing her needs and doing what we need to do to meet those needs, things like a ramp into the house, stuff like that, she didn't like the idea I had for a catapult and opted for a ramp instead, kinda took the fun out of it for me. lol
skipn

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »

Cody,

I know I am warped...I read the catapult idea and envisioned using it to
 load up the bus  Shocked

Some things are worth the fight hope you both keep fighting.

Skip
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »

I like the catapault idea...you could make it out of wood and sort of midevil looking...lol.

Glad to hear Libby's home !

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »

My son has a slightly used trebuchet left over from a school project you could borrow  Grin

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »

Cody, very sorry to hear of Libby's setback.  I was wondering how ya'll were doing this morning.  Sorta hoping that no news was good news!  Not so....
I think it's time to move Libby to a warmer environment!  Someplace where she can sit outside in warm sunshine.  Maybe here in North Carolina would work...We're having a major thunderstorm here tonight...not exactly typical Feb weather.  Oh well.  We got leaves on the trees.  Gads that's good!
We're keeping you and Libby in our prayers! 
If ya'll find yourselves traveling thru North Carolina, I've got enough space to park 50 buses.   Some might not have power, but the first few would!   We're in the Charlotte area...feel welcome to stop by anytime.
Keep us posted!  JR and Terri

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
cody

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 10:25:57 PM »

Another short update on libby, no setbacks for a couple of days now, just slow steady progress, she actually yelled at me for the condition of jamies kitchen today, so that is always a good start, she is slowly getting her meanness back, we had another small problem with my mom passing away yesterday but she was 90 and had been going down hill a lot lately.  It wasn't unexpected.  I'm hoping that any other problems that are in the cards for us will hurry up and show themselves so we can deal with them and get them behind us.  MY plans are to fix the exhaust gasket on the bus so the turbo will spin up again and get out of dodge as soon as libby is strong enough, got a lot of hills to look over and some windows to deliver and maybe some sawdust to pile up. 
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »

Cody ,Our sincerest condolences to you and your family ,you have and always will be in our prayers .

Van & Cheryl

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 12:03:17 AM »

Cody, So Sorry to hear of your Mother's passing! All of this can't be easy for you with all that has happened to your Love Mate. We'll continue to pray that the circumstances will heal and that Libby will continue to make progress and get her old self back. Sounds like she is if she's yelling at you! LOL

Looking forward to see you guys when you make the trip to sunny and warmer Texas. No hurry, just get here!

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 05:43:23 AM »

Our condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother and glad to hear Libby is getting her meaness back (someone's got to keep ya in line LOL).  We will keep ya'll in our prayers.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 05:54:27 AM »

Cody:

We are saddened to hear of the loss of your mother; our condolences to you and your family.

On the upside, Libby sounds like she is slowly bouncing back, and we hope theres no more setbacks.
Get your iggle ready, sharpen up your chainsaw( Wink and as soon as Libby's able, burn up a tank or 3 of diesel.

Best regards.

Mark and Donna

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 06:53:12 AM »

Cody, you have our heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your mother.

It is very good to hear that Libby is doing at least that much better.  The rest will come with time.

I'm hoping that any other problems that are in the cards for us will hurry up and show themselves so we can deal with them and get them behind us.  MY plans are to fix the exhaust gasket on the bus so the turbo will spin up again and get out of dodge as soon as libby is strong enough, got a lot of hills to look over and some windows to deliver and maybe some sawdust to pile up. 

Be careful what you wish for.  But we sure are looking forward to seeing you down south again soon.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: