Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 11:18:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I had to comment on this old thread  (Read 5440 times)
billy6941

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 07:55:46 PM »

We bought a PD 4104, sight unseen and went to Florida to pick it up. We were put in contact with the PO, who had owned it for 11 years and knows it like the back of his hand. We drove it 1200 miles, from Florida to Texas and parked it for about 2 months. It was just too cold to drive it up the Alaska Highway at that time. I still need to pick it up, in Texas and bring it home to Soldotna, Alaska. Plan on doing that in April....Bill
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »

.just to re-live the rush of excitement.  I bought it in Orange County close to a month ago.  I had to bring cash which is kind of a rush also.  With little or no inspection and a one mile+- test drive I bought a 1985 33 foot Neoplan Jetliner and drove it home to I drove it to San Diego about 60 miles.

I bought if figuring all the systems were dead or needed fixing.  The widow of the original owner said the electrical was easy to operate but she wasn't sure if it worked and couldn't remember how, the generator was toast and the over the road A/C didn't operate.  So far everything including the generator seems to work fine.  Which is fine with me as I'm not very mechanical. 

Why you ask would I buy a bus not expecting it to work?  Lisa loved the interior.  There are a few crinks of course but, all-in-all we are thrilled.  The grin of the ride home is still stuck on my face Grin so don't be surprised if I add another post to this thread Wink.

I wish all the best in their purchases.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:14 PM »

The feeling never changes, Mike. Everytime I get ready to fire her up, I walk the exterior at least twice. The first time around is just to admire her. Unlike most people, I start mine from the rear engine compartment after an idiot almost killed me. While inspecting an old Eagle that I was considering, I was crawling around with my head halfway into the engine compartment and the guy fired her up. Angry  I also air her up off the auxilliary air compressor before hand if it's not raining out. Don't ask why, cause I don't have an answer for it-just feels right LOL. Keep posting. We love reading about others that have the disease--misery loves company Grin Grin
Will

junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 05:27:52 PM »

Will, I sometimes go out at night and just sit in My bus and turn the gps on and sit there and pretend!  I really like moonlight nights as I live in the country on a farm of sorts and there are no lights at all at night.  Do You think I need professional help?  I think I may be nuts!  John
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 07:01:45 PM »

I gotta admit that I enjoy just sitting in the bus with a cold one and watching the weather roll in while I was supposed to be tinting the front windshield. There's always another day! Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »

Will, I sometimes go out at night and just sit in My bus and turn the gps on and sit there and pretend!  I really like moonlight nights as I live in the country on a farm of sorts and there are no lights at all at night.  Do You think I need professional help?  I think I may be nuts!  John

John, anyone that would deliberately buy a 35000 lb toy is beyond 'help'...  'Terminal' is more apt.  Wink
Why not take that bus out for a 'moonlight cruise'?   Maybe like..to check the speedo against the GPS?  Any excuse will do!

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: