Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 07:32:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volvo and Prevost  (Read 4466 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2009, 07:05:15 AM »

Any of you guys know what is happening between Volvo and Prevost. In Phoenix the Volvo truck dealer has paint and bodyshops for buses and had 12 new Volvo 9700 for sale is Volvo dumping Prevost I can see no other reason for them selling the Volvo Bus in the USA.The 9700 is a good looking bus but is made in Mexico also the 2008 bus of the year. I also saw where Volvo sold Montreal 410 of the Volvo transit models made in Mexico.Or we going to have anything left that is not made in Mexico or China       good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 08:04:12 AM »

Clifford, maybe this will be enough motivation for U.S company's to get their heads out of the clouds and start becoming more competitive in today's market place,other wise we could start to see imports from countries like what, Iran and Venezuela infiltrating our market place(oh God!) So sad.

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »

Clifford, maybe this will be enough motivation for U.S company's to get their heads out of the clouds and start becoming more competitive in today's market place,other wise we could start to see imports from countries like what, Iran and Venezuela infiltrating our market place(oh God!) So sad.

Would a bus from Iran come with the bomb already installed?  And one from Venezuela be designed to use as much fuel as possible?
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 09:11:35 AM »

Please explain to me why importing buses from Canada is better than importing them from Mexico.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:29:24 AM »

"Please explain to me why importing buses from Canada is better than importing them from Mexico."

Well, let me see.

For one, you don't have millions of Canadians rushing the border to try and take you jobs.

Canadians who go to the US usually spend money there.

And you don't have roving bands of Canadian thugs killing people in border states.

Hows that for a couple of good reasons.

Fred Mc(Canadian)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »

At least the folks in Canada receive a livable wage and every Mexican built bus I ever seen and been around has wiring problem.The G series MCI is a good expample of a Mexican built bus. Me I am a buy American type guy and now days that is hard to do in the market place.     good luck  

Eagle78550
Above All... Eagle

93 Eagle 15-45

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:30:52 AM »

Well I read somewhere ...and I think it was Autolust ...I am trying to find the link ....anyway , Volvo owns Prevost and they will be selling via Prevost dealers the 9700...and soon the Prevost will be coming with the Volvo engine and Ishift....which will suck as there are not enough service centers in the US to service the Volvo engines ....but then again some of the Volvo Class 8 trucks also have the Volvo engine ....so only time will tell ..I guess Eagle may once again rise up as American built and powered ....but that brings another question ...no more Cat ...no more S60...Cummins on the way out ...so what is going to happen ??
skipn

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »

blanco gringos?  Shocked

Skip
Sean
Geek.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »

Well, let me see.

For one, you don't have millions of Canadians rushing the border to try and take you jobs.

Canadians who go to the US usually spend money there.

And you don't have roving bands of Canadian thugs killing people in border states.

Hows that for a couple of good reasons.

This still does not answer the question.  There are criminals in Canada just as there are in the US and in Mexico.  Mexican nationals in the US illegally (and, BTW, I have run into quite a few Canadian nationals who are here illegally as well -- there seems to be a conveniently loose understanding of the limits of tourist status) have nothing whatsoever to do with Mexican nationals who are working in a Volvo plant in Mexico.

I also fail to see what any of this has to do with Bus Conversions.  Perhaps I can persuade one of our esteemed moderators to move it to the OT section?

-Sean

(edited to remove language which might be construed as inflammatory)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:06:34 PM by Sean » Logged

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »

Please explain to me why importing buses from Canada is better than importing them from Mexico.

-Sean
http://http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

I don't think the topic was bus conversion related either,but then the topic was about Volvo and prevost  ,which sounds like a bus topic to me.The question posed by LUVRBUS was did any one know what was going on with Volvo and Prevo ,nothing to do with Canadian vs mexican imports.Don't see the need to move this thread.

(edited in the interest of civility)

Van
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:15:57 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »

Hey guy's I asked the question for a reason and that is because my son in law is looking into a Prevost shell to have Larry at Paradise Coach to convert for him, you can buy new shells for pennies on the dollar from Prevost that are new manufactured 2 years ago.He was told that the XLL is going away but nobody would comment on Prevost and Volvo sales so I asked here for the info

Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »

Removed...........
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:32:37 PM by Sammy » Logged
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »

NAFTA, That's what is helping both Mexico and Canada.  On the campain trail the President was going to get rid of NAFTA, now he said he is not. All the south American countries and China are shipping goods in though Mexico, using NAFTA.

John
Sean
Geek.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »

Hey guy's I asked the question for a reason and that is because my son in law is looking into a Prevost shell to have Larry at Paradise Coach to convert for him, you can buy new shells for pennies on the dollar from Prevost that are new manufactured 2 years ago.He was told that the XLL is going away but nobody would comment on Prevost and Volvo sales so I asked here for the info

It's hard to go wrong converting a Prevost shell.  Plenty of service centers throughout the US.

The Volvo is probably harder to find help with.  Also, I would expect (from experience) that Volvo-specific parts would be higher than similar items for Prevost.

FWIW.

-Sean

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »

Prevost will be using Volvo engines exclusively soon because Detroit is discontinuing the Series 60 and the replacement DD15 is not being sold outside the Diamler family.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: