Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 27, 2018, 10:36:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Filter?  (Read 1575 times)
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »

Looking for a little information please. I'm still tracking down air leaks and found one in the brake system just down line from the air dryer. It's a small cast metal canister with a line in, a line out, and a drain spigot on the bottom. There is one up front for the suspension and accessories, and this one located right next to the engine mounted on the firewall. There are (4) bolts holding the bottom cup on with a gasket. The only info I can find in the maintenance manual refers to them as air filters. The question I have--what will fall out if I remove the (4) bolts? Or is it spring loaded? I can reach the bolts by crawling over the batteries, but I will have a much tougher time if I have to remove the entire canister from its mount.
If I'm not clear on the description, I will get a picture tomorrow. There is an arrow in the casting also indicating direction of air flow. Snugging up the bolts only marginally slowed the leak.

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Will

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 08:14:03 PM »

Will, there is a ceramic filter in the housing no springs only the washable filter and a baffle the later model filters the canisters screwed off the base no bolts   good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 08:47:40 PM »

PP...if you can post a photo of your subject will help to reduce confusion.

Many times, there be many posts about the subject but sometime one or two or none of the answer is in the poster's interest.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 05:59:47 AM »

PP, I will try a email with a photo of the break down of the 2 different types filters.No matter what I do I can not post a photo on this board and I don't like posting copy written protected materail on the board  Good luck
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:13:52 AM by luvrbus » Logged

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »

Thanks so much. I will get a picture later and add it to the post. Will

PP, I will try a email with a photo of the break down of the 2 different types filters.No matter what I do I can not post a photo on this board and I don't like posting copy written protected materail on the board  Good luck

When you post, click on 'Additional Options..." at the bottom and click on 'Attach'. Next, click browse and by simply clicking on the picture file on your harddrive, it will grab a copy and insert it in your post. The caveat is that the picture must be less than <108Kb's(?). My digital camera set to low quality takes 56Kb pictures which works great for most online work, especially if you're on dialup like me LOL. Hope this helps. Thanks, Will
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:50:12 PM by PP » Logged

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »

Luvrbus, Looking at the picture, is this the same unit you were thinking of? Just need a little confirmation before I put a wrench to it. Thanks, Will

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:11:38 PM »

That is it Will nothing there to hurt you.I can get part of the page to scan but I can not get the whole page to scan what am I doing wrong when I put it in the folder just the left corner will show 

good luck

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 08:04:35 AM »

That is it Will nothing there to hurt you.I can get part of the page to scan but I can not get the whole page to scan what am I doing wrong when I put it in the folder just the left corner will show 

good luck
Thank you for the reassurance. When you mention scanning, are you literally using a scanner (ie:flatbed)? If that is the case, my experience with them is that they create huuuge files, much too large for this board. From reading posts here, it sounds like most of the problems related to posting pictures is the file size. That was my problem originally also. Now, before I attach a picture, I check the kb size and make it smaller in my photoshop first if I have to. Also, make sure it's in a jpeg format. If you click on a jpeg file, it almost does the rest automatically if you're in the add'l options feature. I hope this helps cause we all want to see your pictures  Grin
Thanks again, Will
I just attached the following to make sure it really was that simple. I put the tool box in this last weekend. Since owning a bus, I've really added to my tool inventory LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: