Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 04:34:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulletin Board, old board out, new board in  (Read 2456 times)
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2006, 08:10:47 AM »

Say goodbye to the old board. not on line, but in mind. It was spamed again this morning, so we'll just say good-bye to it. Served us well with over 14 million hits! WOW. So out with the old and in with the new. Hope my wife never tells me that... or my kids!
The new board may take a few minutes to get used to, but once you do, you'll like it. It will be harder to spam it and easier to find things and keep it working. Enjoy.
mak

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:53:48 AM »

MAK thanks for being a nut who has a place for us other nuts to come and share on!"Knuckle" Coolnow if I can just learn to use some of dis new stuff! LOL Cool

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:12:23 AM »

Set up a redirect from that old page to this forum's entrance immediately. There are hundreds of links out there pointing to the original that should now go here. You don't want to leave  that out there in the wild.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 12:04:17 PM »

Thanks Mike and Phil.

BTW, here's where that crap was coming from. If it were my bbs, I'd be hiring a lawyer, and talking to the Attorney General of CA.

IP 216.255.189.18

OrgName:    InterCage, Inc.
OrgID:      INTER-359
Address:    1955 Monument Blvd.
Address:    #236
City:       Concord
StateProv:  CA
PostalCode: 94520

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.intercage.com:4321/

NetRange:   216.255.176.0 - 216.255.191.255
CIDR:       216.255.176.0/20
NetName:    INTERCAGE-NETWORK-GROUP2
NetHandle:  NET-216-255-176-0-1
Parent:     NET-216-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS10.INTERCAGE.COM
NameServer: NS11.INTERCAGE.COM
Comment:   
RegDate:    2005-09-20
Updated:    2005-09-20

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE735-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   Abuse Department
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-925-550-3947
OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse@intercage.com

OrgNOCHandle: NETWO670-ARIN
OrgNOCName:   Network Operations
OrgNOCPhone:  +1-925-550-3947
OrgNOCEmail:  noc@intercage.com

OrgTechHandle: INE4-ARIN
OrgTechName:   IP Network Engineering
OrgTechPhone:  +1-925-550-3947
OrgTechEmail:  ipeng@intercage.com

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
plyons
Administrator

Bussin' in Tennessee

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »

Say goodbye to the old board. not on line, but in mind. It was spamed again this morning, so we'll just say good-bye to it. Served us well with over 14 million hits! WOW. So out with the old and in with the new. Hope my wife never tells me that... or my kids!
The new board may take a few minutes to get used to, but once you do, you'll like it. It will be harder to spam it and easier to find things and keep it working. Enjoy.
mak

Hi Mike,

Thank you for being such a great supporter of the bus nut community, and friend.    And thanks for letting us pull the plug on the old site - guess we didn't quite make it to the 15th, but close.  There are still going to be some bumps along the way as we work through things and making this the best place we can for bus nuts to share and learn and help each other. 

Speaking of bus nut community - the folks on this board continue to amaze me in outright helpfulness.  Just last night, within 30 minutes of Steve posting about being stuck near Mexico, he already had a phone # and offer of assistance from a fellow Bus Nut - in this case,  Bryce - aka "Busted Knuckle". Way to go Bryce in getting things rolling.   Then offers from Don (TX),   Footloose, Sammy, Info from Jack, maybe others too.  Now THAT is what I call community spirit.

I have disabled all functionality on the old board, and am checking to make sure it is clean - kind of like a museum piece.   Smiley   At some point in the near future, there may be an automatic re-direct as well.

Kind Regards to All,

Phil
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 04:07:36 PM »

mak

Hi Mike,

Thank you for being such a great supporter of the bus nut community, and friend.    And thanks for letting us pull the plug on the old site - guess we didn't quite make it to the 15th, but close.  There are still going to be some bumps along the way as we work through things and making this the best place we can for bus nuts to share and learn and help each other. 

Speaking of bus nut community - the folks on this board continue to amaze me in outright helpfulness.  Just last night, within 30 minutes of Steve posting about being stuck near Mexico, he already had a phone # and offer of assistance from a fellow Bus Nut - in this case,  Bryce - aka "Busted Knuckle". Way to go Bryce in getting things rolling.   Then offers from Don (TX),   Footloose, Sammy, Info from Jack, maybe others too.  Now THAT is what I call community spirit.

I have disabled all functionality on the old board, and am checking to make sure it is clean - kind of like a museum piece.   Smiley   At some point in the near future, there may be an automatic re-direct as well.

Kind Regards to All,

Phil

Please do not forget about the other parts of the board where items for sale are listed.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 04:20:03 PM »

mak

Hi Mike,

Kind Regards to All,

Phil

Please do not forget about the other parts of the board where items for sale are listed.
Richard

Hi there Richard,

I only disabled the old BBS functionality, the rest of the site continues to function as before.  Is that what you are referring to?, Or, am I missing something else  Huh

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 04:55:10 PM »

mak

Hi Mike,

Kind Regards to All,

Phil

Richard

Hi there Richard,

I only disabled the old BBS functionality, the rest of the site continues to function as before.  Is that what you are referring to?, Or, am I missing something else  Huh

Best Regards, Phil

That is what I was thinking about. I just checked and it is still operational at:

http://www.busconversions.com/index.html

Can we get that put in the intro of the new home page?

I also tried the old board and I could not post a message so it it dead.

And Mike, thanks for the many, many years of enjoyment. You may not remember me but I used to visit your yard in Long Beach even before the start of the magazine or board and I was a subscriber for the magazine before the first issue came out. Sure wish I had saved it. It would be a collectors item now.

Best Personal Regards,

Richard

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 05:00:47 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 07:45:32 PM »

I just had that question as I was loggin' on.  Just want to say, Thanks - and I do really appreciate all the efforts that have gone in to this board (past and present) !!

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
glang

1998 Prevost XLT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 02:40:44 PM »

Will miss the old board after using it the last (many) years. However, new is always(usually) better.
Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to contact each other.

Gary( Glang)(Busdoctor)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: