Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:07:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ceiling fans suck or blow?  (Read 4874 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 01:22:19 PM »

On my bus it isn't possible to open the windows,

They don't swing out for emergency exit?  Every coach I've seen has the windows hinged at the top and latched at the bottom.

This means that you can put a screen across the inside, open the window and prop it open through a small hole in the screen.

No, European coaches like mine are required by law to have emergency exit doors rather than using the windows to escape. In fact the windows don't even have frames as they are bonded directly to the steel. They are also very large, have curved glass and are double glazed (twin pane), so are incredibly heavy - but I love them, and they are one of the main reasons I bought my bus.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »

No, European coaches like mine are required by law to have emergency exit doors rather than using the windows to escape.

Yeah, that would put a crimp in things.

Could you modify an existing window?  You could single-pane it and put a small slider at the bottom.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »

Anything is possible, but there is no need to as, thanks to the replies to this thread, I've realised that I just need to use the bus ventilation as it was originally designed. Air in at floor level and out at ceiling level - obvious really. I think some of the later comments regarding awnings are equally valid; I've always planned to have awnings but don't have any fitted yet, and have experienced how hot it can get in the bus with the windows unshaded (contrary to belief, it does occasionally stop raining here, and not only because it's snowing instead). Anyway, it's entirely possible I will take the bus next time I drive down to an event in southern Spain, and then I will wish I had a roof-ful of AC units.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: