Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 01:15:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: voltage regulator on mci 8  (Read 666 times)
artglass

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:51 AM »

any one bought the replacement regulaor board from mci and installed it, wondering if it much of a deal to get the voltage adjusted right , don't want to screw up something by putting it on and starting it without adjusting or whatever need to be done? should i adjust it to the minum setting to start out or are they preset at factory?
   Kevin
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »

Not sure bout MC8, but my little brother to your rig, a 102, has a small standard screw inside a hole mid-regulator that adjusts the voltage.  There are clear markings by the opening which illustrates which way increases the voltage.

I had a battery cook which prompted me to check mine which was running a bit over what was recommended.  Adjusting it was relatively easy, just a digital multimeter and a small standard screwdriver. 

Mine is a Delco-Remy, I'm assuming yours is probably the same.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:24:06 AM by MattC » Logged

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:33:32 PM »

Kevin, I had to replace my voltage regulator last spring (MC5A) and would believe yours is the same. I bought mine from Ron the BusNut and got a good deal. The voltage adjustment is factory set and should be OK. But is you're a purist and want to go the last mile, there's an Allen head screw in the center of the regulator which covers the adjustment screw. If you use a good digital meter across your 24 V bank, after charging them to max...you can set the cutoff at 26.6 - 26.8 and not fear you're overcharging them.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: