Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 08:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: voltage regulator on mci 8  (Read 641 times)
artglass

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:51 AM »

any one bought the replacement regulaor board from mci and installed it, wondering if it much of a deal to get the voltage adjusted right , don't want to screw up something by putting it on and starting it without adjusting or whatever need to be done? should i adjust it to the minum setting to start out or are they preset at factory?
   Kevin
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »

Not sure bout MC8, but my little brother to your rig, a 102, has a small standard screw inside a hole mid-regulator that adjusts the voltage.  There are clear markings by the opening which illustrates which way increases the voltage.

I had a battery cook which prompted me to check mine which was running a bit over what was recommended.  Adjusting it was relatively easy, just a digital multimeter and a small standard screwdriver. 

Mine is a Delco-Remy, I'm assuming yours is probably the same.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:24:06 AM by MattC » Logged

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:33:32 PM »

Kevin, I had to replace my voltage regulator last spring (MC5A) and would believe yours is the same. I bought mine from Ron the BusNut and got a good deal. The voltage adjustment is factory set and should be OK. But is you're a purist and want to go the last mile, there's an Allen head screw in the center of the regulator which covers the adjustment screw. If you use a good digital meter across your 24 V bank, after charging them to max...you can set the cutoff at 26.6 - 26.8 and not fear you're overcharging them.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: