Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 12:57:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ebay MCI  (Read 2481 times)
viento1

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:00:15 AM »

We all know it is a buyers market and my friend has been lured into the first stages of being a bus nut... He has asked me about this bus on ebay 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MCI-Tour-Bus-RV-FOR-SALE-MUST-SELL-VIDEO-TOUR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a3Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem330308785146QQitemZ330308785146QQptZBuses

It has seen some serious price reductions from Last year at about 60k to 30k... Thoughts?

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
cody

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »

From what I saw, I'd say some additional serious price reductions would still be needed.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:27:10 AM »

I agree, as it has been on e-bay several times.

buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:13:19 AM »

for that price point, the coach chassis systems must be perfect, according to a cynical bus mechanic.

and the conversion bits and pieces have to work flawlessly, fit and finish in good shape, etc.

Otherwise, it's still an overpriced 36 year old used bus.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »

I agree the price is high for these times, if the mechanics part of it is perfect , like BW said, that would help. I guess it's what you want as well. I myself wasn't impressed with much of the conversion however the exterior looks good. It may be over priced but I don't believe you'd put one together for that price. So it all depends how you look at it. My .02 worth

Have Fun!!
Grant
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:41:26 AM »

First thing i noticed was that the stock OTR system is still in there, which hints that the interior panels have not been removed, along with the insulation bags and the frame has not been checked/repaired for any rust.  Due to what i have found personally when doing that on my own coach....thats a big enough red flag for me.

Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 11:20:52 AM »

He must be having a really tough time selling that bus. I saw that same video on Ebay about 8 weeks ago. I think its overpriced and the seller must not be willing to budge very much.

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »

The big question I would ask myself....Why hasn't it sold? It's been on Ebay for a very loooong time, maybe a year or more.

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »

I agree that it's probably been on eplace for over a year.  Originally he was asking around 75K!!  The interior looks decent.  To me, a little plain for that money.  I think it's mostly paneling over studs.  I think with the depressed prices we have right now, it would be a good buy (assuming it passed a qualified inspection) for around 20k.

Opinions are like belly buttons, but with less lint.  Wink

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
viento1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »

Yeash... I should have spoke to you guys before I bought my bus - I think I paid tooooo much now.

Thanks for the reality check, will keep an eye on it though.

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »

If I had listened to this board I would have never bought my bus (too old, too cheap, etc...)  they'll get you going both ways telling you the next one is too much$$$.  The thing is, now I agree with them more as I would like a newer bus in better condition as in the long run a more expensive bus that is all sorted by the PO costs less to get on the road. But where is the fun in that?

Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »

Looks like roof has not been raised. Has new caps, paint looks good but clear coat is peeling? Not an high dollar looking conversion. That being said I have more than that in my 29 year old bus. Your Friend may find more for his money or spend more and step up another level.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
gmpd4104

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »

I don;t buy into the too high for the times arguement.

I would say too high for what it is.   bus looks clean on the outside but the conversion side is amaturish and I see lots of cheap home depot stuff.  They probably have more than that in it.....

if thats your price range it may be worth a look see.  ebay is not a good place to sell any high dollar item, bus airplane classic car.....but it gets it out there and people see it.

Go see it and take 20k with you
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 03:55:36 PM »

I don't know the guy but saw the bus at Smiths DD in Boise Id it is a clean bus nothing fancy I was told he is regular there for service.What impressed me was for the 2 days I was there the bus never leaked down and it had been there for a couple of days before I arrived.     good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 06:23:42 PM »

Everyone wants to try of get back as much of their investment as possible when selling, but even those that have been in the seller's position are not likely to pay more than they must.  Aside from the plain economic sense of being as frugal as possible, the seller may think/know that everything was done right and is in great condition.  As buyer, however, you must leave a lot to trust and assumption.  These things are terrible investments!

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: