Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 09:06:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's cold outside and all I have is this trivia bus pic.......  (Read 2602 times)
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »

Here's a Flxette.  I don't know if they built any before they went to the fishbowl-style windows (Flxible fishbowls came out after the GMC anti-trust lawsuit).  Still a possibliity, but I'm leaning more toward it being someone else's version (Prevost?)  Most of my transit time is full-size buses. 

The rear end in the original picture had me stumped, the slanting side windows point it toward a post 1961 design.  The full size slider next to the driver really looks strange, as does the sedan-type door.  Emergency door on left rear also points to early 60's, unless state/provincial regs called for it.  I seem to remember something about early 4106's having an emergency door because of some New Jersey regulation.  Could even be someone's knock-off, with Flxible or Prevost parts.  It'd be interesting to see if there's a builder's plate inside.

http://fhtcq.fotopic.net/p26395471.html

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »

WOw, that's close...and  different.  For sure next time I'm in the yard I'll find the the builders plate.  BTW if you didn't know it that pic is of a montreal urbain transit bus but a special use one I have seen similar around here over the years.  I even know the building in the background, it's right near the bus repair yard for the downtown fleet.

Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 12:33:07 PM »

Flxettes had a windshield arrangement very similar to the big buses.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 05:13:26 PM »

So I took a pic of the ID plate

have no idea if it clears things up, still think it's funny that Prevost made such an ugly duckling.....then again maybe not so funny, even now the big Ps are not the best lookers.

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »

Hey Zub, If it weren't for the fact that I agree with you regarding the new P's, I might be upset. Unfortunately, I don't care much for anything with a smooth side, but that's just me hehe. Like a lot of nuts, I'm partial to the classic styling of the older buses in general. Thanks for clearing this up, but is it just coincidence that the body number starts with a 'GM'? Will

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: