Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thought For The Day  (Read 964 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2006, 10:17:30 AM »

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, stogie in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO, what a ride!"
You see, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »

Thank you Richard.
Too Often we forget the important stuff and focus instead on the final outcome.

PLEASE! post something every day to continue this topic. It's good for all of us!

Dallas
Moof

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:00:38 PM »

You folks are right.  My Mom spent so much time worrying about dieing that she didn't spend enough time living.  I can retire in 4 years 11 months and 1 day.  (But who’s counting?)  You can bet your last nickel that I will be on the road spending time with the kids and grandkids and enjoying America through my windshield (and the bugs on it).
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 12:58:29 PM »

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, stogie in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO, what a ride!"
You see, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away.

Well, I'm not into tobacco nor alcohol.  I find life's a lot more fun when you stay sober and hopefully healthy.  Those who are happiest in life tend to be those who spent their time and resources in the service of others.  I encountered one of my old college professors from 1967 recently.  He drives by my home
regularly, and he remarked how wise we were to have a large family.  He had only two children and they
have only one or two.  His wife died about 30 years ago, and he's very lonely.

Success lies not in how much money you make, but in a lifetime of accomplishing worthwhile things -- especially if the things you accomplish make life better for the people around you; not just your own family.

Some say money isn't everything, but it's the only thing that works in the area that it was designed for.

The responsibilities you're given after you leave this life will be closely related to how responsible you've been in living this life.

No success outside the home can compensate for failure inside your home/family.  Climbing the "corporate ladder" at the expense of relationships is a very unprofitable trade, no matter how much you make doing it.

May those who don't want much out of life have fond memories of never having much in life.

I see singles well past "marrying age" boasting of the "fun" they have because they have no "attachments", then I see my wife and I, 20 children and grandchildren, and 2 sons-in-law sitting in our living room around the Christmas tree and I feel sorry for those who don't want to commit to doing the tough things in life.  It's only in going through life's adversities that one can really learn to appreciate the rich blessings life has to offer.

What better reward in old age, when the body is worn and fading, than to be surrounded by family who loves you for what you are, not what you got.

You are not prepared to live until you know what you want to be written on your tombstone by others when you're dead and gone.

Clarke
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:03:23 PM by Clarke Echols » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: