Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 10:24:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Cooktop In Coach???  (Read 5681 times)
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

Hi H3Jim,
Do you know of a manufacturer that makes a steel or magnetic stainless steel pressure cooker? Both of ours are made of aluminum.
Thanks, Sam4106

Kuhn Rikon is stainless steel, as is the B/R/K. And um - Fissler, IIRC. None of these will be found in a regular store for the most part. They are considered high end, and can be found at specialty kitchen stores (very limited selection IME), or online stores. Pleasanthillgrain.com has a good selection of Kuhn Rikon, and some B/R/K. I like the looks of the Fissler, but have not had a chance to play with that one yet.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 12:13:34 PM »

My wife has a set of Health Craft 5 ply magnet surgical steel cookware for the house and that is were it stays so we use the cheaper for the bus from Target on the induction top

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »

Again getting off the topic, but why do busnuts tend to have this compulsion about redundancy?  Lots of people talk about redundancies for heat, A/C, and other things.

Most of us don't have two sources of heat or two air conditioners (unless window units) in our stick houses.  I figure (maybe incorrectly) I would need ten electric cubes at least to heat my house on electric if my gas furnace went out.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Don4107

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »

"Why do busnuts tend to have this compulsion about redundancy?"

You can screw with my time at home, but don't mess with my play time! Wink  Having problems away from home base that might screw up the only vacation you might take for the year or ending up broke down in a foreign country is something to avoid. 

And by the way, I do have redundant sources of heat for the home too, four come to mind.  Coal, propane, electric, wood.  And a generator, actually two generators if you count the bus.  I guess the bus could be counted as another back up too.

Maybe I should apply to Homeland Security for a grant to buy one of those surplus new Marathons with a generator big enough to supply my whole block with power and stimulate the economy to the tune of a couple mil.  Ya, that's the ticket.

Don 4107

Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »

... why do busnuts tend to have this compulsion about redundancy? 

1) Unlike being at home, traveling from place to place in a bus keeps changing the rules.  Sometimes I can count on "free" electric from a campground pole, some places that's not available.  Same goes for pressurized water and a dump station. When you want different choices for different conditions, maybe the term should be "alternatives", rather than redundancy.

2) Many RV systems are notoriously prone to problems.  I have twice had a Shurflo water pump failure, but never had a well pump fail at my house (knock on wood).  My Suburban propane furnace is currently giving me problems.  Although it has been fine for the last year, don't get me started on my Onan generator's history.

3) When I am at home, my bus IS my redundacy for my home systems.  But that doesn't work vice versa when I'm 500 miles from home.

4) When I am at home, I know exactly who I can call (and trust) for any repairs I cannot handle myself.

5) At home I have a circle of friends and relatives I know I can count on.  I cleared the snow out of six of their  driveways for free this week (okay, one of them gave me a case of beer), and I know I could tap them for a favor in a heartbeat.

.... and I DO have redundant systems at home.  I have two woodstoves capable of heating my entire home without running my furnace.   In addition to the bus' generator, I have a second standalone one I can connect to the house through a transfer switch.   You got me thinking about the number of ways I can cook, and my equipment choices (4 propane, 3 white gas, 7 charcoal, 1 wood/coal, countless electric) started getting ridiculous. 

Yep, I'm redundant at home, too.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:28:31 PM by WEC4104 » Logged

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: