Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 05:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro  (Read 10223 times)
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2009, 01:33:17 PM »

Hi BG6 and Dallas,
You are certainly right that an apology is in order and I offer it now. It is qiute apparent that my memory has failed since I converted my GM4106.
I have offended too many people on the board lately so it is time to take a break from posting. I won't try to make excuses, but I am sorry that I offended you and others.
Sam 4106

Your apology is accepted with a handshake.
Old4103

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

Sam,

No need to apologize to me....

I'm use to being the harbinger of bad news.

I was just trying to get the correct information out.

Here's a thought... is it possible that GM either stopped putting the center ribs in or started at a later date?

Dallas

By the way, you can buy us all a round of cold lemon aid when you get down to our neck of the woods!

DF
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

Way to go Sam! It takes a man to apologize. I appreciate you attitude.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »

O.K., l will try to steer the conversation back to the original question.  If I can remember what that was. Smiley  No offense toward anyone, we're just an enthusiastic bunch!

In reading everyone's ideas, and in thinking about mine, I think you might consider a professionally converted bus.  Mine is an '82 MCI, converted as a new shell by Custom Coach in Columbus, OH.  Now, I'm not pretending mine is the best for everybody, but it might work for your situation.  It isn't as flashy as some, but it IS durable.  The laminate cabinetry isn't the nicest I've seen, and wouldn't have been my first choice, but after twenty-seven years, it still works, looks decent, every latch latches, and every drawer slides.  One thing I don't like is the fact that the two basement a/c units and their ducts take up too much interior and bay space.  You could trash those and convert to roof airs without too much waste.  Mostly labor, and of course, the price of two or three rooftop units, depending on where you'll spend most of your time. 

Mine came with a 12 kw diesel gen, but NO house battery set-up.  I plan to add a small battery bank and an inverter.

Another advantage is the lack of high mileage since it was never a seated coach. 

So far, so good.  I hope you will look at a LOT of buses, then make your decision.  The folks on this board are great.  Good luck, we will be following your search with interest...and support!

Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »

If you can wait a few more months before buying, go to the BUS'N USA rally this summer in Rickreall  Oregon.  There are a lot of buses you can look at, and there are always some for sale, usually a half dozen or so.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:19 AM »

You know, you might stumble across a deal on just what you're looking for right away.  Otherwise, if you have to vacate where ever you're living now, have you considered putting your stuff in storage so you're not rushed into a decision?  Just a thought...
Dennis   

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2009, 10:37:12 AM »

You know, you might stumble across a deal on just what you're looking for right away.  Otherwise, if you have to vacate where ever you're living now, have you considered putting your stuff in storage so you're not rushed into a decision?  Just a thought...
Dennis   

Right now we have a travel trailer, so we're good while we made decisions.  Smiley

Bus'n Rally sounds like a great idea, I'll look into that!
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »

If you can wait a few more months before buying, go to the BUS'N USA rally this summer in Rickreall  Oregon.  There are a lot of buses you can look at, and there are always some for sale, usually a half dozen or so.

However, summer is the SELLERS' market.  Fall and winter are the best times to be buying, early spring isn't bad, but by late spring you're competing against people eager to spend their tax checks and go on vacation.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: