Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 09:06:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daytona Bike Week and...  (Read 15899 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »

The ideal situation for us would be to have some kind of a rack on the bus hitch that I could run the bike onto and then be able to also hook the truck towbar too. Libby wants to start towing the truck so she can have her golf cart in the back.  She keeps reminding me tho that I'm not supposed to be riding the bike anymore.

Cody I know a guy who can, would, & will build you a custom tow bar set up for the bike that has a front mount for the bike that the tow bar would mount/hinge on and allow you to take all 3 toys along with the Iggle!  FWIW! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »

Judging from the responses from some of the fellow bus nuts, the bike isn't the only rigid springer around here!!!   Grin   Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2009, 05:59:56 PM »

Sooo, still looking for ideas on transporting motorcycles under or in a bus. Saw a Sentra the other day that had a baggage bay upper hinge at about the level of my nose standing next to it...are they that big?

I sure you mean Setra (there is NO N in it), Sentra is a Nissan!

And yes they are that tall inside, but there is still a utility channel in the middle just like the "others". Also they don't just have a hinge on the top of the door, but rather a swing out hinge inside that swings the whole door out and up. A Prevost H3-40, H3-41, & H3-45 also have tall bays too!

Anything you need to know about a SETRA just holler at me as I know them pretty well inside and out! (I even know where one or 2 might be for sale!)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »

Sorry for the Sentra/Setra thing...my mistake. Thanks for taking the time to answer, it seems I have not had much success in finding whether any coach has large enough bays to stow motorcycles.

As far as the utility channel, I can probably deal with that. Maybe if the motorcycle is "backed" in, then the @$# end of the bike can go under the channel.

So good luck with your Setras!

Now share all that you learned in Utah.
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2009, 05:01:48 AM »

Look for Sean's posts.  His signature has his web address.  He set up a bay to handle two motorcycles and has a video about the setup.  It might give you some ideas to make it work on your bus.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »

You meet the nicest people on a honda Grin

But you meet the hottest babes on a......

Ace this one's for you buddy!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:53:17 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
cody

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2009, 11:55:46 AM »

Sentra, setra, depends on what providence you live in lol. (sorry bob, couldn't resist) lol
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2009, 07:57:03 PM »

Look for Sean's posts.  His signature has his web address.  He set up a bay to handle two motorcycles and has a video about the setup.  It might give you some ideas to make it work on your bus.

Mike

Okay, I checked out Sean's blog. The method of storing the motorcycles is just right, only I wasn't planning on buying a Neoplan.  I want to do something like that with a MCI
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 09:19:18 AM »

Quote from: DaveG
Okay, I checked out Sean's blog. The method of storing the motorcycles is just right, only I wasn't planning on buying a Neoplan.  I want to do something like that with a MCI

Dave I don't know of ANY MCI that will have a large enough luggage bay for s motorcycle.
I'd suggest you look at Setra, Prevost (H-series), or Neoplan for what you want.
FWIW                        Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2009, 07:12:30 AM »

Thanks Knuckle. My next task is gonna be to get sizing on the H-series. If that doesn't work out I may explore the options of modifing a MCI baggage bay although I have no idea what is involved.
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »

Okay biker 'n bus fans...I've found a bus with a side door/wheelchair lift that is located in the rear...a great place to make a garage. Now lemme see if I can get the picture in here and then tell me what you think.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2009, 09:11:55 PM »

All the new MCI J models and the Prevost H3 models have the stock wheelchair lift down the back.

As long as your 2 wheeled ride stays under 600 lbs, you've got a chance...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2009, 07:22:35 AM »

Oh man, now that I know what can work, I can only guess how much a J is gonna cost!
Blacksheep

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2009, 07:58:15 AM »

I can tell you that my custom really lowered honda spirit with straight broomstick handlebars won't fit in my very tall bay of my H3 Prevost!

Ace
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »

It will sideways Grin,Sorry Ace,I just couldn't pass that one up LOL,Please don't hate me Cheesy.You know I hate to see any body's scooter on it's side Sad

Leaning slightly to the right
Van Cool

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: