Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 02, 2014, 01:40:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I Don't Want  (Read 2823 times)
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:35:06 PM »

After today's adventure, I have a list. Not of what I want, but of what I *don't want.

I don't want:

Grass growing in the window frames
Rust on the inside of the window frame
Cracked, spidered windows (I know, I know, call me picky!)
Electrical wiring that consists of taped together extension cords
Bare headliner
Three to four different kinds of flooring, with gaps of up to one inch in between the flooring
Multiple different kinds of carpeting on the walls

I have no comments on the engine, the battery was dead and we couldn't start it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:39:36 PM by PacNWNomad » Logged
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »

PacNWNomad, that one had to be in a wrecking yard   good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:55:54 PM »

Flooring can be replaced and headliners can be covered.  Now the electrical is something else entirely and that would be hard to fix.

I would be more worried about the mechanical condition of a bus as that is where the real money comes into play.

Now, I am not saying you should have bought the bus you looked at, but there are bound to be some flaws in almost every bus unless you drop big bucks.  Interiors can usually have minor changes made for a lot less than having to rebuild an engine or having to replace all the brakes on day one.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »

Beifert, yes, I am aware buses will have flaws.

Just.... trust me on this one. Whoever did this conversion didn't put a lot of thought into it (the seller even said as much to me). There were far too many "rough edges" to even consider taking it on. Edges didn't meet, gaps in the walls and flooring, exposed rivets, and so on. No offense to the guy selling it, he didn't do the work.

In comparison, we went and looked at another bus further north, and while the price was a little higher, it was neat, clean, and put together.
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »

PacNWNomad, that one had to be in a wrecking yard   good luck

LOL no. I think I still would have looked at it even if it was. We're looking at as many buses as we can before we buy.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »

BTW, a little rust under the window can be expected. Those windows are notorious for leaking. BUT that doesn't mean that a lot of structural rust is okay, a little surface rust is...

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »

Good to know, John, thank you.

I'm not sure this would be surface rust, this had actual holes in it. What would qualify as surface rust?
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:00:14 PM »

The glass should not be a deal killer on any intercity coach.   Just about anything is still available, and it's not too expensive.

The rest of the coach sounded like a bad idea, but the next one might be good and just in need of a little glass and paint.
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 08:08:57 PM »

Really? Is nobody going to laugh at the grass growing in the windows frame? I should have taken a picture..... Hoppy and I were pretty cracked up about it.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »

I was wondering what kind of grass it was.  Something that could be harvested and sold?   Grin

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 08:21:12 PM »

In western Wa  it doesn't take long before moss and other things  start growing on vehicles. Smiley When we are down here in Yuma we can look at an older Wa. rig and tell if it is from the east or west side of the mountains due to the sun fading or the greenish tint or black streaks. Smiley  We were gone from there for almost 11 years and when we came back we were going to buy a Bronco II as we had had one before we left and liked them.  It was December and raining and every one that we looked at had a windshield leak.

Some had puddles of water on the floor, one had water dripping off of the rearview mirror, and most had mushrooms growing on the carpet.........we bought a Jeep instead. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »

I was wondering what kind of grass it was.  Something that could be harvested and sold?   Grin

Heh heh heh
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »

In western Wa  it doesn't take long before moss and other things  start growing on vehicles.

No, no, not ON. IN.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:44 PM »

In, just like the mushrooms were in.  Smiley  With all the rain there this summer, when we left we has some mold starting to grow in the inside of the windows in the track for the glass......and we left in Oct. before the real rains started. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 08:45:15 PM »

The first bus I looked at was a professional conversion. A professional had hacked a hole in the side and installed a house type door complete with caseing and brick mold!  Caulked up the spaces real good with some professional type caulk, so it would not leak.   Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: