Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 03:28:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Eagle Has Landed!  (Read 4906 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« on: March 08, 2009, 07:01:25 AM »

Becky and I are now fulltiming in our Eagle. We loaded a storage unit yesterday with stuff that will have to be sorted out as time allows. Becky did sell/gave away a lot before I got home last Saturday.

We are parked at www.buckcreekrvpark.com. The spots are pull through and very large. Exit 294, on I-20 6 miles east of Abilene TX. Easy on and off the freeway.

My hot water heater sprung a leak. Could not figure out why the circuit breaker tripped. Took off the thermostat cover and saw water dripping out of the unit onto the hot wire! Guess I'll go to Lowe's and try to find a 1500 watt screw in type or but a brand new heater. It's a household type, 19 gal.. Otherwise so far so good.

Also have to contact DirecTv/KVH for some help setting up our satellite. It's locked on 101 bird, says no signal. It's the first time we've used it since I installed it, so understandable. Any ideas guys and gals?

Gotta go and unload the cars, just have to figure out where to put the stuff! Grin We still have not installed the upper kitchen cabinets, so we are somewhat limited for storage right now. We'll get there eventually!

I guess we're part of the mobile crowd now, Oh Boy!

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 07:36:25 AM »

Way to go Paul and Becky I have wanted to do that for years but our bus won't hold all of Sonja's sewing stuff I could get rid of my toys but not her.I am so tired of paying property taxes,mowing grass and all the repairs on a house.If you ever need a place to park we have 50amp with water and sewer here in AZ also in Texas and the place in Idaho has power only.Like my buddy Doyle (Texas borderdude) came to the realization one day you don't own a house it owns you so he sold it and him and Coffee (the dog) are happy going down road where ever they want to go     good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »

WOW !    Grin Grin  Way to go Paul old buddy old pal.   It's come a long way since I saw it the first time in the barn.

As always we want photos. The bus, the bus at the camp ground, the bus with you and Becky.  Get the picture.  Weren't you just renting the house, if I remember correctly?

Now before it gets cold next year, how are you fixed for heat?

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 07:50:52 AM »

Way Cool Paul!

I know you have worked at this for a long time and am glad to see you finally made the trade!

When you get more comfortable with full timing, Cat and I, along with a lot of other people will be glad to pass on some full timing tips that we've learned from years of experience.

Sometime you and the boss will need to run down here to Franklin, TX and visit for a few days!

Good Luck,

Dallas
busdriver58

Eagles Fan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:14:02 AM »

What a decision my friend!!!!

As you can would be great if you write a log, this can be in a future a best seller for the newbies like me.  Cheesy

Good Luck to you and your wife.

Julio

Chihuahua, MX
1969 Eagle 05 8V92/Auto &
1964 Eagle 01 8V71/Std
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »

Nice goin Paul,we will be following in your foot steps ,if we can ever get out the starting gate LOL(one day).Since being here in nev,just couldn't bring our selves to buy property here,guess it was a good decision on our part as property values have plummeted here.I know you folks have worked hard on Dreamscape and should be very proud of your achievments thus far ,all the best to you guy's from the Mrs and me

Van

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »

Welcome to the "houseless" crowd!  Aside from few minor limitations, this life is soooooo uncomplicated.  You should really enjoy it!  Where's to?  I hope to run across you on the road someday!

Best,

dg

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »

Welcome to the full timing lifestyle Paul!  It is not without problems, but then nothing is.  I think you guys are going to love it.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »

Congratulations Paul & Becky.  It is a great feeling when you reach a longtime dream.  Althouigh we have never met, perhaps we will run across each other somewhere in our travels.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »

What is a lawn mower?......oh yeah, now i sorta remember.  Been over 5 years since i last touched one of those things. Grin   

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
PacNWNomad

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 10:52:59 AM »

Congratulations! Ten more days before we're "houseless" and on the road (although we've not yet bought a bus - we're in a trailer for now).
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 12:01:32 PM »

Congratulations! Just remember, you are NOT HOMELESS so long as you own a BUS! And don't let the uninitiated call you Trailer Trash, We're BUS TRASH and proud of it!  Grin

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »

Homeless and unemployed is how I prefer to describe our current status.  Welcome to the asylum.  We're headed in your general direction but currently sort of undecided as to an exact route across Texas.  Tomorrow we visit the Thousand Trails transfer office in Gautier, MS.  Assuming they have our membership transfer processed then we may try out one of the TT campgrounds on the way.  That means our travel plans are still cast in Jello but that seems to be OK now.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »

Way to go Paul.  I'm sorry I never stopped by to see you in Hawley each time I passed through on the way to the panhandle.  Hope we can meet someday.

David
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »

Paul , way to go see you down the road,

John
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: