Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 10:19:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Rustless Money Pit" man needs information on his Stick & Staple  (Read 2252 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2006, 08:11:15 PM »

I went to the chat room and found me the only one there.  So I have to ask you all for a little help and adivce.  As you know I had trouble with my Stick & Staple roof  Air conditioner vibrating like the dickens.  Well, I was cleaning all the bugs etc. and mud bee hives and decided to paint the air conditioner inerts, all the walls etc.  Well I did something I need your advice one.  You know I used the "RustBullet" of coarse and this stuff is tuff.  Well back to the story, I painted the motor housing for the air conditioner and the area between the outside motor housings of the motor was real rusty.  I went and wire brushed this, I think it has something to do with the magnatism of the motor when running.  After painting this area and looking real good I got to thinking , (Did I screw UP)??  Is this surface unpainted for a reason??  If so I am in deep poop!!  That Rustbullet is tough stuff to get off, it takes 8 days to get off your arms and hands if you get it on.  WEll If you say this this area between the two outer motor housings is supposed to stay raw metal I will take the day and figure out how to grind this off which is the only way it can be removed when dried.  So let me know what you guys know about this asap, the sooner the easier to remove, Yea, RIGHT!!

Thanks for your help ahead of time, I know this is probably trival but I do not want to open it back up again if I don't have to.

Gary

Gary
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 08:21:46 PM »

Shoot, I dunno Gary! Does it still work? If so I'd leave it alone! If not I'd check with Nick or wanna the othe experts 'er I mean "Hero's"  Grin BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »

I have not tried out the air conditioner as yet, I just painted it about 4 hours ago or so, I do not want to try it out until someone on this board says for sure I did not cause the air conditioner motor harm by painting the center band on it like I did. 
Gary

Gary
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 04:02:14 AM »

Gary,

It shouldn't matter if you didn't get the stuff inside  the motor.

Start it up...

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 04:11:45 AM »

Guy, you have too much time on your hands!  Wink Come work on our bus instead of painting the INSIDE of your a/c unit Cheesy!  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

Christy,
Time is not one of the things I have a lot of.  Patience, oh yea, I got that but doing things like I did mean it will last longer than me, (Hopefully anyhow).  Inspecting my new S&S from top to bottom and fixing anything I can find is important to me for full peace of mind when camping with Grand Kids. 

Any free time I ever get, if I get any will be practicing my instruments for mind relaxation and that is normally about 1 AM each day before I go to bed.  Time on my hands, No way but would love to just sit and talk to you all at Timmonsville or Arcadia and not work wiould be heaven. 

Thanks for the chuckle Christy, (Taylor Hicks Sister)!!  Only kidding!!
Gary

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 06:04:03 AM »

Oh, thanks Nick, & BK,  I will try it out today.  I just did not want to cause overheating of the motor from painting it and have to replace it etc. and no I did not get any inside of motor.  If it did, I guarantee it will not rotate.  This stuff is TUFF!!  Thanks for the reply.
Gary

Gary
bobadame

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

Did you paint it black? Radiators and some motorcycle engines are painted with a thin coat of black paint to aid in cooling, something called black body radiation.
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 09:42:56 AM »

Well, Did you start it up?
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 01:00:56 PM »

We're thinking we probably will be able to make Arcadia this Winter. . .we hope.  Of course, I have to warn you, I am neither quick nor witty in person, and if you leave your beer sit too close to me, you may find it evaporates faster. Wink   

I'm really dying to put faces with all the names and handles.  . although I don't know why, I'm absolutely horrible with faces anyway.  I almost didn't  didn't recognise my own mom when I saw her in the grocery store the other day. . .luckily when I said, "And what did you say your name was?" she laughed and thought I was joking! Shocked

Last time I opened the case on one of our a/c units, I was really just wanting to push the repair guy off the roof to get him out of my way so I could fix it right, but now that we're home and cool, well, um, just haven't make it around to climbing back up there, ha ha.  Oh well.  Christy

;DStill looking for a VS2-8 Grin

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:38:30 PM »

Hello again,
Well I run the AC today, about 3 hours and all seems good.  That baby produces a lot of heat as I went top side several times to keep check on everything and man it just produces a lot of heat coming through the vent openings.  Thanks for the reply's on my request, I believe the paint will have no bearing on how good it runs.  Oh, I finally got rid of 90% of my vibration, I put very thin rubber washers under the cowling before I put her back on, then another rubber one on top, a large metal washer and the acorn nut.  I also resecured the screening that protectst the AC unit with more screws, there was only two of them holding her in place. 

Now on to other things and hope the vibration problem is gone forever.

Hope to see you in Arcadia Christy and everyone that reads this.  If I take photo's please don't get mad at me if I can not get to absolutely everyone, I had a few get upset like I just pushed them aside  but I did not intentionally do that and taking the photo's take a lot of time and try to do and see things and meet people also.  The picture thing is up in the air right now, I love to do it but man is it ever a lot of work.

Thanks again for comments.
Gary

Gary
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 05:55:04 PM »

Ok, well, I for one could do with one less photo of me with food or drink shoved in my face  Cheesy, so you can skip my mug when it comes to photos anyway. As far as I'm concerned, since I ALWAYS forget my camera  Angry and NEVER remember to take pictures until it's too late  Embarrassed, I figure everyone else in the world should do the same so as not to embarrass me and point out my shortcomings as the family recorder.   Kiss

I prefer to travel incognito  Cool, since people seem to always want to point and laugh at us Wink!  Then starts the whispering. . . ." did you hear the time they. . . " and "they are the ones that. . .".  .well, you get the picture.   Grin 
Just kidding.  I've warned the office manager already that we'll be gone after Christmas, so as long as there are no major catastrophes, as long as either the sun or the moon with shine, and as long as it's warmer in FL than in OK, as they say, "We'll be there!" Cheesy  Christy Hicks

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 05:32:30 AM »

Christy,
   I promise there will be no "OFFICIAL" photos taken of you at Bussin, 2007, however I cannot say what others attending might have in mind. LOL  Ewen usually brings some of that "north of the border" brew for those that might care to "sample" it.  I am glad to hear you are planning to join us.  Jack
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 05:35:56 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 06:35:32 AM »

Considering that many may feel like Christy, I should give them the same respect as I will Christy and promise to ask if they would like to have their close up personal pictures taken of them or thier families & animals & inside of their rigs before I do.  Thanks for pointing this out to me. 

I should note that since theTimmonsville, SC bus gathering that Cat & Dallas put on in May that my web site with photo's of everyone & all their family,their rigs and animals that I have had over 20,112 web site hits since May and over 49,000 total since my web site's birth in January, right after attending Arcadia Bus Rally.  A lot of those that could not attend these rally's are really interested in what they did not or could not attend and also want to put some faces to the names they see on the bb'd.  I will definately ask for permission from all I meet and see before taking personal photo's.  Their rigs, well that is a different promise, I promise to take as many photo's as I can of all the rigs possible for everyone to enjoy like I had the opportunity to see. 

Hope you all have a great, safe Happy July 4th Holiday weekend. 
Gary

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: