Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:36:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GM manufacture date confusion  (Read 1000 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2006, 10:46:23 PM »

I was doing some research on my bus (4106 -1063) and found on this site - http://www.geocities.com/buslist/Delivery/PD4106/pd4106_3.html - that the bus was GM's order #171334 in January, 1962 by Gray Line Sightseeing Tours (Tropical Coach Co.) out of Miami, Florida and was probably #102 in their fleet. My registration has the bus listed as a 1963 model.  Was the order made in 01/62 and then the bus made in í63 or was there a mistake made? I would think 1063 is a low number for a í63. Could they have mistaken 1063 as a build date and not the coach number? Would anyone have any more information on this bus or know where to find some? How do you find the owners between the first and the last? I would enjoy having as much history as I can find. Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Barn Owl

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 03:25:51 AM »

Finding your coach history after Delivery now days is a bit harder than 20 years ago as alot of these companies either went out of business or were absorbed by  other companies.

If it happens that your coaches original owner is still in opperation a personal visit with the coach is the best way to get info.  Often times a call or an email will be ignored as people are busy these days and can't be troubled.

When my dad bought our 04, we were on a trip soouth and stopped at a greyhound terminal which was also a terminal for  (original owner) Gulf Transport, Just so happens there was a driver there who was old enough to have driven the 04's

well this led to that, meeting of the driver who drove the bus home from pontiac, Bus has been to two Gulf Transport retirey (sp?) events, 

Note: The bus still sports a Gulf Transport paint job and colors and even has the same coach # ( coach kept # 1268 and paint scheme it's entie life)

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 06:09:05 AM »

Your coach was delivered new in January of 1962, the registration/title is inaccurate.

The first '06s delivered in 1963 began with unit 1538.

HTH. . .

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: