Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:47:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby's back and (almost) all's well!  (Read 3442 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 10:23:48 AM »

Only you, Dallas..... HeHeHe!   Grin

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »

Talked with a friend today, for the record...he's 79 years old and has repaired more Air Brake systems than most of us have seen...and his first comment was, "It's the Quick Release Valve".  I was looking at the Inversion Valve as being the culprit...@ $123.32.
I like his diagnosis...it's upstream from the Inversion Valve and the Q/R Valve only costs $10.69! Shocked

Wouldn't I be a fool to look furthur than his suggestion?  He might not be "on the money" but it's a heckuva lot cheaper to try it his way than to go off on my own and spend money that I'm going to need down the line.  Besides the bus isn't going anywhere until the Big Shebang in Timmonsville in October! Grin

Bob

Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 01:37:13 PM »

Sorry Bob, I was only funnin' ya! Where I lived in Idaho, they had horses that could only walk north on the west side of the hill and south on the east side. If you tried to go the other way, you'd fall out of the saddle.

Dalllas

It's called a "side-hill horse".  If you get it on a mountain, it goes only one direction around and around, but can't go up or down or the opposite way.  It's a mutation evolved from the famous "side-hill cat" that I learned about as a young boy scout once upon a time in the days of "King Tut". :-)

CE
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 01:48:16 PM »

Is that anything like the Snipes that we used to take newbees out hunting for at night in the hills?
Richard

Sorry Bob, I was only funnin' ya! Where I lived in Idaho, they had horses that could only walk north on the west side of the hill and south on the east side. If you tried to go the other way, you'd fall out of the saddle.

Dalllas

It's called a "side-hill horse".  If you get it on a mountain, it goes only one direction around and around, but can't go up or down or the opposite way.  It's a mutation evolved from the famous "side-hill cat" that I learned about as a young boy scout once upon a time in the days of "King Tut". :-)

CE

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 09:21:56 PM »

Is that anything like the Snipes that we used to take newbees out hunting for at night in the hills?
Richard

The big thing with snipe hunting (and side-hill cat hunting) was that there's no such thing.  Not true.
Snipes are small birds, and very real.  But the activity still catches a lot of unsuspecting night-time seekers of obscure wildlife. :-)

Clarke (getting closer to that "Jr. Member" status...) Echols
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 07:25:34 AM »

Snipes may be very real, but I took a lot of youngen's out in the hills at night and never caught even one. LOL
Richard

Getting closer

Richard

The big thing with snipe hunting (and side-hill cat hunting) was that there's no such thing.  Not true.
Snipes are small birds, and very real.  But the activity still catches a lot of unsuspecting night-time seekers of obscure wildlife. :-)

Clarke (getting closer to that "Jr. Member" status...) Echols

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »

OK, guys, if you've run the gammut of the jokes...do you mind if we get back on topic?  I've got a problems here and I need to get the bus in out of the weather. Wink

Had a long conversation with Chuck Lott this morning and he's led me to the point where I'm going to try something this evening (when it's a bit cooler).

We both believe that the mechanical link in the DD-3 Actuators might well be gummed up to the point where the application of the Service Brakes might not be 'upsetting' the mechanical lock of the Parking Brake.  I'm going to have a friend, who I trust, sit in the drivers' seat.  I'm going to block the wheels and the jack pads, and with full pressure on the system ask him to "floor" the brake treadle while I'm under the bus with a small hammer.  While he's holding full pressure on the actuators I'm going to tap each actuator lightly and see if I can upset the mechanical lock and release the Parking Brakes.

If tomorrow this post becomes longer and skinnier, if at all, you'll know something went wrong! Wink

Bob

NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 02:42:56 PM »

VOILA!!!!!   They're free!!!!!

Thanks to my conversation with Chuck Lott this morning I assumed that the conclusion we arrived at was the problem. Grin

I went down to the bus and chocked the wheels, in anticipation that I'd have to crawl under and do something constructive. But...
I started the engine and waited until I had max air pressure.  Holding the fuel pedal at 1500 RPM's I jumped on the treadle like a trampoline about 10-12 times...waited for the presure to come back to 125 and did it again. Shocked

VOILA!  I slid her in gear and she moved!  I allowed her to rest against the chock and waited for m'friend to follow me over to the Bus Barn where I casually wiped my brow (as thought these things were an everyday occurance) and nonchalantly asked him if he'd like to join me for an adult libation. Wink

Thanks Chuck!  You're every Bus owners dream of a consultant! Kiss

Bob

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: