Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 03:58:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween Bus Bash at Knuckle's Place!  (Read 1852 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »

Smiley Wink Grin We gonna have a heck of a great time @ Knuckle's TN Halloween Bus Bash !!!  Roll Eyes Cool Shocked Ok Be there, or be square! It's now official the TN Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's is gonna be the last week-end in October or 10/26 thru 10/31 ! That translates to those who prefer to roll in early on thursday (or sooner if ya wish!) and those who got time to kill an wanna stay til Tuesday (or later if ya wish!) Shoot if El Sonador was still on the board (he will be present at the Bash! Or at least he'd better be it was his suggestion in the first place!) he'd tell ya I'm easy to get a long withand if someone shows up next week they are welcome to hang out til next yr for all I care! Alright let's get this party planned right!

So far the only definite thinks on the agenda are;
#1) a Stuffed Hog Roast  ( a pig stuffed with stuffed chickens or stuffed cornish hens )
#2) a Halloween Party (please bring a costume!)
#3) Shop time for all interested in getting their rig in the shop for whatever they desire !
#4) Dirty Bingo (no not what yer think'n!Everyone Please bring a small gift $5 or less wrapped!)
#5) Hopefully a Charter bus ride to Lambert's (Home of the throwed rolls!)for sunday's lunch!

Smiley Wink Grin We gonna have a heck of a great time @ Knuckle's TN Halloween Bus Bash !!!  Roll Eyes Cool Shocked
Ok so far this is all I am sure of ! I have a few other ideas, but nothing definite yet ! I have e-mailed Captain Ron and invited him (told him we didn't have any $ but could take up donations to cover his fuel costs!), haven't heard back from him yet!

So any of you got any ideas ? Anyone attending play any instruments? Any of you know any bands who'd like to appear just for fun and donations? Any of you interested in maybe a bus trip over and up through the Land Between the Lakes, or out around ReelFoot Lake, or maybe a run down to Tunica for a day or evening ? Give me some insight If their is a Charter bus on the lot we'll use it! If I have enough early interest in it I'll try to arrange to make sure we have 1 here! ($ trips usually overule joy rides, but if enough are interested I can make plans!)

Ok Ya'll you got my thoughts , and my attention ! Post those Ideas so we can get planning! BK  Grin

Smiley Wink Grin We gonna have a heck of a great time @ Knuckle's TN Halloween Bus Bash !!!  Roll Eyes Cool Shocked

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 07:04:20 PM »

Have you decided what the camping fee's are gonna be?  If you post them enough ahead of time (same advice Jack and I gave Dallas)
get some reservation money so's you don't have to front all the expenses out'a yer pocket!

Jackie & me are in...we'll make a little detour on our way to making Cliff's life miserable for the winter.  If she don't pack the bays full of nonsense I'll see if I can squeeze a 6 pack or two in there!

It's gonna be a BLAST at Knuckle's!  I ain't bringin' no costume...I'm frightening enough without one!

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 08:52:57 PM »

Smiley Wink Grin We gonna have a heck of a great time @ Knuckle's TN Halloween Bus Bash !!!  Roll Eyes Cool Shocked Well Bob you bring up a very good point, but to be honest I really wasn't planning to charge for camping since the majority will be Boondocking it ! I will have the ability to hook up a couple of units with electricity, water will be available, and we can dump holding tanks !
So I tell ay what ya'll think is fair? I was planning on just making it a donation system!
So ya'll help me out here what will be fair for all, I'm not looking for this to be a $ making gig, just a good time for all !
  Smiley Wink Grin We gonna have a heck of a great time @ Knuckle's TN Halloween Bus Bash !!!  Roll Eyes Cool Shocked BK Grin Cool Wink

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 09:50:26 AM »

Ok anyone besides NCBob got any suggestions? Anyone got an idea what would be a reasonable fee ? I don't want to make $ on this deal, but it'd be nice to have it support itself !!! Please make suggestions as I will consider them all ! I don't really feel right charging "camping fees" as we are a Charter Bus Company and a Bus Garage, not a Camp Ground and I don't have real camping sites  w/ hook ups to offer. But we have 15 acres in a beatiful country setting with plenty of hard packed ground to drive and park buses on (i do it everyday!). I can hook up 1 or 2 units with 220 and several others with 110, but for the most part I was planning on spreading everyone out enough that if needed noisemakers would not disturb each other!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin The Halloween Bus Bash at Knuckle's is gonna be a blast! Shocked Roll Eyes Cool Tongue BK  Grin Cool Wink

www.kylakesidetravel.net

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »

BK,
   Please list your rally on the Calendar, along with the contact information. You can add details as they become available. 
   We hold our Bussin' rallies at Horizon Coach in Arcadia, Florida. Since they give us the use of their facilities at no charge, we do not charge a camping fee. We do charge a fee to cover the rally expenses such as food, rental of tables and chairs, entertainment, PortaPotties, trash pick-up, etc. Any money left over after rally expenses are paid is donated to a charity. For our large rallies, this is usually $100-300. Our rally is usually around 175-200 coaches, so our expenses are much greater, but I would figure at least $25 per coach to cover the cost of food, and fuel for sightseeing trips. This is a very low rally fee compared to most of the FMCA chapter rallies. On a couple occasions, when the SE Cruisers chapter of FMCA had money left over after expenses, it was given back to those attending as door prizes. You need to make sure you have enough to cover your "up=front" expenses.
   We are already committed to another Rally that week-end in south Georgia, but let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them for you.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 07:20:15 PM »

Seeing this will be my first bus event (unless I can get to one before then) I don't have any suggestions.  Me, my wife, and banjo are in!

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 10:01:18 PM »

Jack I had to leave town for a 4 day &1 night trip!!! I see that someone got it posted over there!
I'll try an report more as I get relaxed and get it togther! Thanks for the help! BK ;DI

www.kylakesidetravel.net

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 04:36:42 AM »

BK,
   I went ahead and posted the rally on the calendar.  Please add contact information. This will help you know how many to expect. I also recommend setting a rally fee and try to collect "up front". I think you will also find that most of those attending will wait until the last couple weeks before commititng  and contacting you. At least that seems to be how our rallies go. 
   To add the contact information, click on CALENDAR (right above the MAK Bus Sales banner, click on the date and make the changes/additions on the window that pops up. Click on SAVE and your done.  Let me know if you run into any problems.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »

Thursday October 26th - Early bird arrivals check in, pick sites, get set up, early shop use ! Campfire at night !
Friday October 27th - Check in, select from left over sites, get set up, shop time, (Maybe Mexican Super) Campfire! (music?)
Saturday October 28th Late arrivals check in, pick from picked over sites, set up, shoping trips(maybe), shop time! Cook out! Stuffed Hog Roast! Bring a side dish or desert! (hopefully some live music! or entertainment!) Halloween Party around the Campfire !
Sunday October 29th Hopefully load bus for Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston,MO (Home of the throwed rolls!) and maybe shopping at the factory outlet mall! Play bingo on trip home! Say good by to those who must leave Sunday evening! Shop time, Campfire !
Monday October 30th -  Kick back and relax say good by to those who have to leave Monday! Shop time!
Tuesday October 31st - Get up have breackfast cooked over the campfire ! Go to town,(go to post office and put in change of address for new residence LOL! for those who don't wanna leave ! :OCampfire ! Campfire ! LOL!)  In all truthfullness say goodbys to those leaving Tuesday!
Wednesday November 1st - Go ?to post office and put in change of addresses for those who are still with us!!! No seriously Folks Come Early as You Wish and Stay as Long as You WISH!!! BK   

OK heres the rest of the story! ??

I don't know what it is either but we'll figure it out sometime soon!!!

Contact info;
Bryce Gaston
PO Box 834
Union City, TN 38281
731-885-7460

Gonna Be a Blast at Knuckle's Bash! LOL !   

more to follow soon!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 06:47:38 PM »

Hey ya'll! How about some ideas or questions about this Party ! I'm gonna be gone 7-14 thru the 21st 8 paid days in Florida It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it! I'll be in Orlando Fri Night, all day Sat & Night, Sunday Cocoa, FL, SUn night back in Orlando then from Monday thru friday at Daytona Beach Hilton! Anyone in those areas wanna get together for a cup of coffee or somethin get in touch with me and I'll give ya my cell # ! I'd like to see some input on this when I get home from my paid vacation! BK Grin

Bryce Gaston
731-885-7460
tn_hickabilly at hotmail.com
or send me a msg here!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 04:13:48 PM »

Y'know Knuck, it sounds to me like once you get us up there....you won't want us to leave!  That could be your undoing! Cheesy

Jackie and I are going to be on your way down to FL to break Cliff's chops...perhaps he might wish to make a donation to keep us there a bit longer! Wink

We ain't in a hurry.....got all winter...if the weather's nice. Grin

Will ya have the "still goin"?" Huh   Mmmmm good! Kiss

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 05:28:09 PM »

Hey Bob as I said before we got 15 acres out here an anyone who wishes is welcome to stop in anytime and stay as long as they wish! That said remember we got 2 businesses going here, so if ya stay too long ya might end up as a resident employee ! LOL! I'm sorry but the revenuer's sorta put a stop to the still's in this family several generations ago! And well the DEA didn't care much for the younger generations ideas either, so we just try to live a simple legal life and get by as we can so we can enjoy the joys of freedom! Dang revenuer's and "charlie"(helicopters with infrared scopes) both spoiled all the fun, but life is still good every day we wake up breathing ! (The ones we don't wake up breathing are the bad day's ! LOL!)  Grin Smiley Wink BK

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: