Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 03, 2014, 12:55:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil leak  (Read 748 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2006, 05:01:03 PM »

I found my oil leak after 5,000 miles and many searches. The leak is a small 2 inch steel pipe on the top driver's side of of the engine under the floor panel. It connects the turbo blower?Huh and a round unit towards the drivers front. It looks like a brass nut connection on the back side and the front looks like a steel threaded nut on the front. I put some liquid steel on it as a tempory fix until I get it home. Is this a Detroit special engine part or can I take it off and just replace the pipe. I don't want to take it off until I am sure about the part as the front steel fitting looks like it is really rusted. Any thoughts?Huh Thanks.
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »

Get a new assy from your Detroit Diesel dealer.It's the oil feed tube for the blower drive.
Be sure to tell them what engine you have, there are a few different ones available.
Sammy  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: