Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 10, 2015, 10:47:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: starter problems?  (Read 1074 times)

« on: July 04, 2006, 06:43:45 AM »

My model 10 eagle has a new starter and batteries, it starts every time when cold but if I drive 20 miles and stop the motor and try to restart it will hardly crank.Is it my starter or batteries? thanks

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 07:02:06 AM »

Disconnect the batterys.

Clean & inspect ALL the battery cables - to starter, to junction block,even the ones on the back of the shut off switches, then secure them.
Don't forget the ground cables too, even from engine block to chassis.

I would then check the voltage drop on each cable, one at a time.
If you get more than .3volts while cranking, I would replace it.

Is the starter motor "rebuilt", "remanufactured" or "new" ?
It is possible that the starter motor could be defective, you would have to check the current draw on it while cranking.

Good luck with your repair.
Sammy  Cool

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 05:27:48 PM »

Almost all   hard starting proplems can be traced to a bad connection in the start system some where . On older buses its a good idea to strip back some insulation on the cable and see if there is some greencroshion showing. Won't carry full amperage
. Time to replace.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: