Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 10:39:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Window insulation question  (Read 683 times)
Charles in SC

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2009, 10:14:45 AM »

I left the windows in when I did my bus and for the last 5 years I had some silver insulation stuff velcroed to the inside. It was getting old looking and kept falling off so last fall I had the windows covered with frosted tint. I did not realize how much insulation quality the silver stuff had. Is there something I could maybe paint on or whatever to insulate the windows?
Thanks in advance.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
gus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:41:32 PM »

I have the same setup. Insulating those old single pane windows is pretty hard to do and make it look decent.

Most stuff you try to tack on inside looks pretty bad.

I have installed night shades which do a fair job but if I had it to do over I would install the cellular insulating shades instead. They cost quite a bit more but now I know it would have been worth the money.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »

I left the window frames in and just replaced the glass with fiberglass.  It was the same thickness as the glass.  paintable, 2" insulation on the inside. 

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: