Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 09:01:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 102a3 Voltage Regulator  (Read 804 times)
fairlang

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2006, 01:37:19 PM »

My gen light came on about 800 miles ago. I would like to check the regulator on my 1987 102a3 MCI, but can not find the location.  What else should I check?
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 02:41:03 PM »

Hello fairlang,

Your voltage regulater is in your 3rd bay to the right side of the tunnel. Look behind the plastic housing.

Good Luck
Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:51:35 AM »

The alternator may still be charging even with the Not Gen light on, if it is the same as older models of MCI. The charging circuit comes of the stator and diodes to the battery, controlled by the regulator. The Not Gen light circuit comes off the R terminal through various relays to the light.

Use a meter at the battery to check if the charging system is working.  If it is OK, follow the wiring diagram to find the fault in the Not Gen circuit, frequently just a burnt or dirty relay contact.  Maybe someone with a 102A3 can offer more help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: