Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 05:02:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disaster has struck  (Read 3748 times)
cody

« on: March 27, 2009, 05:25:56 AM »

Libby wandered out to the shop and was poking around in the corners, she found a stash of old brazilian rosewood I ferreted away many years ago for a dining room set that I never got around to building, this is 1500 board feet of highly figured and hilighted heart wood. Now she wants new cabinets in the bus too.  I guess I have nothing better to do, this will be the first official remodel of the unfinished bus.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 05:33:43 AM »

That's great Cody, hearing that Libby wandered around and found your stash. Now get to work making sawdust! I'll bet that wood is purdy!

Ours isn't finished either and I find myself redoing/remodling stuff I did 4-5 years ago, so join the club, I don't feel so bad now. Hee Hee

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:38:27 AM »

Paul, I beginning to see the merit of when she was in the doorstop/speedbump stage of her recovery, she is wandering around a little now, I'm thinking of tieing a bell around her neck, she has already snuck up on me a couple of times, luckily she can only be away from her oxygen hose for short periods so she isn't underfoot and exploring much yet.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 05:43:19 AM »

Cody, That is funny! Now get to work so you guys can come down to TBR in Ocotober! Is that enough time?
 Roll Eyes
~Paul~

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:51:06 AM »

Cody,
    Glad to hear that Libby is improving.  We still MIGHT be able to join Ya'll at MACC this summer. Probably won't know until the end of June.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 05:54:13 AM »

Can you hold off till october for the windows? I've been wanting to come to TBR, but i wasn't sure old iggles were allowed there lol, being a rust free belt I thought maybe we wern't allowed for fear we may bring contamination upon the southern iggle world.  As many know rust was the 8th plague to be sent to egypt, I think that was how it went, I don't know, I'm sure libby remembers, she was a cradle robber you know, I wasn't around at that time.
cody

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »

Jack, we got all kinds of room for buses at the MACC, just get plenty of sleep before hand, cause sleep is rare during the festival, so much good food and jamming.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 05:57:44 AM »

Cody, October is fine for the delivery! I'm in no hurry, as I have lots to keep me busy. It would be great if you guys could make it!
 Cool
~Paul~

cody

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 05:59:19 AM »

Cool, count us in then.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 07:36:08 AM »

Cody, it is great to hear that Libby is able to wander around now.  And I know you LOVE making sawdust.  You just needed an escuse to do it.  At least now, instead of hiding your saws, she is prodding you to them.
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 08:19:38 AM »

Cody,

Your stash wouldn't be 1/4 cut by chance?
   If you have any left over when your done please let me know....

Don't forget to wear your mask Smiley

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
cody

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 08:22:04 AM »

Yep it is quarter sawn.
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »

Wish I had a shop big enough to hide 1500 feet of wood...
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 07:38:55 PM »

Looks like we may have to put Tombstone, AZ on hold till you finish your Honey Do's LOL
All the Best to you Libby, M&C Cheesy

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »

When will Libby start posting again on her own?  Huh Huh We need both sides of the stories!  Cheesy Grin

Libby, if you are reading this: Both you and Cody are on the Rabbi's prayer list, though I didn't tell anyone why Cody is there!  Roll Eyes

In Kindness,

Doug

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 03:39:27 AM »

Cody,
What wonderful news about Libby.What a great way to start my day,finding out she is getting up and  moving about.
                                                                                                                                        Big Hugs Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 05:10:46 AM »

Cody and Libby… That is great news!

Thanks to the good Lord!

Prayer still works and continues to work.

About getting around away from oxygen tank…how about a few light-weight live plants in clear containers around her waist or on her back to supply her needs of oxygen. LOL

How warm is it up there?

How much snow on the ground?

I think I can smell your sawdust down here.

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
cody

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 05:16:06 AM »

Jerry, right now it's 10F and not too much snow on the ground, it should warm up to almost 30F today.  I liked the idea of tying the plants around her waist and back, maybe even her neck?  Do you know where I can find a good price on cactus? lol
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 05:20:56 AM »

Do you know where I can find a good price on cactus? lol
Cody, from the way you have whined I thought Libby was prickly enough!   Grin Roll Eyes

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 06:04:19 AM »

Cat, That was Bad ohh so bad Roll Eyes

~Paul~

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 06:32:27 AM »

Me?   Bad?    When? Where?  Never, ever!   LOL     Ya know everyone just has to give in to bad once in a while.   Grin

That's ok, Cody knows I love 'em both!   

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 06:40:04 AM »

Maybe a few thorns is the key to a couple "sticking" together for many years.   Wink Grin
cody

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 06:46:58 AM »

Actually mike, the secret to a long marriage is simple, life insurance, last one standing wins lol, that was the toast my dad made when me and libby got married, his bit of wisdom for us.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 08:54:16 AM »

Just reading that Libby was wandering around is excellant news. Looks like you free time is done for now..Fet to makin' some sawdust !

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
cody

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »

I may have narrowly averted disaster and been pulled back from the edge of the cliff lol, I took a small piece of plain, dull rosewood, and a piece of highly figured mahogany and rubbed some oil into them, the highlites in the mahogany just leaped out lol, I showed her them both and she picked the mahogany over the rosewood.  I think I have enough of either but was glad she opted for the mahogany, they stopped importing the rosewood from brazil back in 1968 and as the supply dwindled the value goes thru the roof on it and I've got this dinette set that I was going to make back in the early 70's still on the 'to do' list lol.
poppi

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 08:15:58 AM »

Good job Smiley

Ya know if you keep that rosey wood hidden for another 20 yrs
 you'll be able to retire in style............  Shocked

You can get some nice mahogany veneer for edging and such
 a lot easier than rose wood Smiley

take care

Skip

cody

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »

I'm already retired, not my choice but thats the way it went about 9 years ago thanks to parkinsons and the inability to hold my service revolver steady for qualifing, was somewhat inconvienent.  I've never had much use for veneers, dealing with solid woods the need doesn't come up very often, mostly the stuff I've got laying around gets used up on a regular basis, a week or so ago I wacked together 4 bookcases for a church's day care area, that used up some scrap pieces of stuff, they just wanted them painted so the wood could vary on them, not only did I get my fee of a cup of coffee from them but one of the nice ladies even baked a pie, was great.
poppi

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 08:44:22 AM »

By the looks your still a workin away (just a lower pay scale but more rewarding)

Well at least now you don't have to worry about the constitutionality of razor blades Smiley

I do hope you do a stage by stage pictoral of the cabinets you make for the bus

Skip

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »

Cody,

I couldn't agree more with Skip.  I don't know that you have the "confuser" skills that Gumpydog" does but a blow by blow captured in pixels and supported by narrative would be one great legacy and help hundreds....no doubt on any of that.  I'll bet you could find the help you need to accomplish that and that effort might equal that of the actual build.

When I am asked, at the supermarket, whether I want "paper or plastic,Sir?", I always insist on plastic.  I figure that stuff will be in a land fill for many hundreds of years after I am no longer even a memory.  That is my legacy.

Have you tried hanging a necklace of garlic around YOUR neck for personal protection? Huh Grin Grin Roll Eyes Wink  Best regards to your better half.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 05:48:05 AM »

Just forwarded your emaill address to a couple big custom acoustic guitar builders regarding your rosewood so you should start getting about 7000 emails a day from guys who would kill for what you have.  Grin Grin

Guitars built with Brazilian start at 8k.

The good news is you'll finally be able to afford that new 4 stroke you've been eyeing up and the the install too!!!

I'm just kidding you..   

We have prayed for you and Libby. Hope to meet you someday.

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
cody

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 07:42:12 AM »

Rick, I already know several decent luthiers and they've been sneaking wood here and there for years lol, lou stiver has made several mandolins out of it, lou does a good job with them, mark taylor made me a nice crafter guitar a few years ago and I've got a nice martin made by his dad. What they want me to do is fish some of the old sunken logs out of huron bay near us, there are logs that have been on the bottom since the 1880's that is prime for tone rings, spruce tops and other parts, everything from old growth pine, maple and oak, to spruce is littering the bottom of lake superior. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: