Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 15, 2017, 11:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A/C questions  (Read 1026 times)
Airbag

« on: April 06, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »

I have procured the copper tubing for my run between the evap and comp. There are two lines, one is a 1/2" and the other is a 1/4" line. I believe the 1/2" is the return from the evaporator and is the one that needs insulation. I also believe that you never want the two wraped in the same insulation correct? The 1/4 does not need insulating correct? Sorry for my ignorance.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »

Hi Rick,
Glad to see you making progress with it. On the existing ones, the 1/4 is not insulated, just the 1/2". Hope this helps.
BTW-thanks for the info on the ariel photos. Unfortunately, dialup takes a long time to see anything. I'm looking forward to the next time I get near WiFi.
Will

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »

Hi Rick,

if you can, make a "Vibration loop"  with both copper lines at the condencing unit. A one ft. round should do just fine.

This will reduce the chance of a refrigerant leak in the future by absorbing vibration from the compressor.

You can loop them after you insulate the larger suction line.

Good Luck
Nick-
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:13:49 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Airbag

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:27 PM »

Nick as always thank you and I will getter done. I cut the hole thru the floor tonight. I am committed to this.

Will thanks also. I understand about the dial up. We have no high speed internet at my airplane shop. I built a Beech Starship using a dial up to locate parts. I am still having nightmares about watching blue bars creeping across my monitor. I now have broadband there, it is a little bit faster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: