Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 08:06:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear window  (Read 3891 times)
Airbag

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »

I have an "Experimental" sign in the right front window of my bus, er motor home. I sure am glad I do not have to do an airplane type annual on it. I could not afford it.

Hey thats not a bad idea. In fact aren't most of our conversions experimental in nature? Having cooling, heating, bulkheads, seat mountings, inverters, converters, water heaters, etc.. all installed with no engineering drawings. Some of you may have them but my bus did not even have a record of the last oil change when I bought it. I wonder what our insurance companies would think? Humm
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 07:08:30 AM »

Hey Jeremy nice web site. What kind of bus is that? Do you have pics posted here?

Hi

Thanks. There are one or two pictures of my bus in earlier posts of mine, but nothing particularly good. I did start to fully document my conversion but then lost all the early photos in a hard disk failure, so kind of lost heart after that. However my bus (Plaxton Paramount 3200) is a very common model here, so if you just want photos of the model there are lots on the web - here's a Wikipedia page for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaxton_Paramount

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 07:41:01 PM »

Rick,

I think there is one of those parked at West Texas Airpark just east of El Paso.

It may not be a Pembroke but it is definitely British. It looks more like a transport than yours with that bomber nose.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Airbag

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »

Rick,

I think there is one of those parked at West Texas Airpark just east of El Paso.

It may not be a Pembroke but it is definitely British. It looks more like a transport than yours with that bomber nose.

Hey Gus
I tried to find that airport and drew a blank. There are a few airports near El Paso but none with that name. There is an airport called Santa Teresa to the west. I have been there they have a great museum there.

Here is a list of Texas airports maybe you can recognize it. The column on the left is cities and the right column is the airports near by.

http://www.fltplan.com/airportinformation/states/TXstate.htm
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:43:58 PM by Airbag » Logged
gus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »

Rick,

I can't find it either?? I think it was TX04. It was only about 5 mi due east of ELP right on the edge of the city limits and inside the ELP control area, a 4000' asphalt strip a couple of thousand feet above the city.

It was very interesting place, used to refuel there all the time. Old airplanes all over the place.

The old guy running it rented out a '79 Cadillac diesel which I used to drive into town! His son was running it the last time I was there, at least four years ago.

There was development closing in on it and it was also used as a drag strip on weekends. I suspect that is all it is now, too bad!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Airbag

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 08:40:55 PM »

Rick,

I can't find it either?? I think it was TX04. It was only about 5 mi due east of ELP right on the edge of the city limits and inside the ELP control area, a 4000' asphalt strip a couple of thousand feet above the city.

It was very interesting place, used to refuel there all the time. Old airplanes all over the place.

The old guy running it rented out a '79 Cadillac diesel which I used to drive into town! His son was running it the last time I was there, at least four years ago.

There was development closing in on it and it was also used as a drag strip on weekends. I suspect that is all it is now, too bad!!

Gus I found it on Google Earth. I see the english bird in front of the hanger. It looks like a DC-3 until you notice the wing sweep is wrong for a DC-3. It is called Horizon or Dezert Demonz raceway.

gus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »

That's the place. The plane hasn't moved in at least ten years.

I couldn't find the airport listed on my airport directory any more so assumed it is now closed.

The twin in at the bottom left looks like an Aero Commander.

As I remember the small building directly above the 3 in 123.0 with the light colored roof is the old office.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Airbag

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 07:20:05 PM »

That's the place. The plane hasn't moved in at least ten years.

I couldn't find the airport listed on my airport directory any more so assumed it is now closed.

The twin in at the bottom left looks like an Aero Commander.

As I remember the small building directly above the 3 in 123.0 with the light colored roof is the old office.

My kind of airport. When you smell jet fuel it's time to leave. The English bird maybe a Avro Anson or something similar.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:51 PM »

It isn't an Anson, it is three times the size of an Anson and a high wing. The fuselage is really bulky so it must be some kind of transport.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »

I love that ariel photo! Grin
Will

Airbag

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 09:14:59 PM »

I love that ariel photo! Grin
Will

It's actually a satellite photo from Google Earth. It is free service from Google and if you have not down loaded the viewer yet you are in for a treat. You can go to almost any place on the planet and get such a photo. You house etc.. I have spent hours and hours looking at obscure airports all over the globe. Now if I were just rich I could go and get the treasures I found. Have fun you'll like it.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 10:28:21 PM »

Rick,

I'll get the coordinates tomorrow from my GPS and send them to you so you can take a look at my farm grass strip.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Airbag

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »

Rick,

I'll get the coordinates tomorrow from my GPS and send them to you so you can take a look at my farm grass strip.

Cool! We used to have a grass strip by Mt Shasta. Wish I still had it.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »

M36 09.64
W91 40.72

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Airbag

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »

M36 09.64
W91 40.72

Hey that looks like heaven on earth. Nothing better than a tail wheel and grass and barbeque's with friends.

Here our old place, the house is a 3000 sq ft log house about half mile south. We had 5000 ft of grass at 5000 msl you needed it sometimes, I almost ended up in the trees in a Comanche at the end.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: