Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 09:14:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil leak  (Read 744 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2006, 05:01:03 PM »

I found my oil leak after 5,000 miles and many searches. The leak is a small 2 inch steel pipe on the top driver's side of of the engine under the floor panel. It connects the turbo blower?Huh and a round unit towards the drivers front. It looks like a brass nut connection on the back side and the front looks like a steel threaded nut on the front. I put some liquid steel on it as a tempory fix until I get it home. Is this a Detroit special engine part or can I take it off and just replace the pipe. I don't want to take it off until I am sure about the part as the front steel fitting looks like it is really rusted. Any thoughts?Huh Thanks.
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »

Get a new assy from your Detroit Diesel dealer.It's the oil feed tube for the blower drive.
Be sure to tell them what engine you have, there are a few different ones available.
Sammy  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: