Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
March 22, 2017, 05:31:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Gains, AKA "Kentucky Steve" needs our prayers  (Read 955 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:25:10 PM »

Hello Everyone,
I just talked to "Kentucky Steve's" Wife AKA (Steve Gains) a few minutes ago and need your help in giving Steve helpful spirits and prayers for his recovery. Now many of you know Steve and some probably don't but he is one hell of a great friend, busnut and all around great guy.  He is known for his bus, 05 Eagle, not sure of the year but he has installed (4) slide outs in his bus and has been working on this conversion for several years as well as doing an all day job of installing kitchens for a living. 

Steve Had an (Aneurysm) burst in his brain Thursday evening and at this very moment here is how he is doing:  Steve has very little movement on the left side of his body, (Arms and legs and partial face) as he had a stroke and he is certainly not out of the woods as far as possible complete recovery for sure. He will be transferred to a rehabilitating facility within a couple of days after keeping him monitored before doing anything to be sure he will not get worse.

I hope most of you, especially those that have contacted Steve in the past years of his conversion process will take the time, (especially at this Christmas Holiday Time) and send him get well cards and keep him in your prayers if you are the believing in miracles and just believing in God. Steve is just not the kind of person to accept this disability he will probably have very lightly. He needs encouragement to lift his spirits and just to talk to his friends when he is able to talk on the phone if that is possible.  Right now he can talk, his memory is so, so, but he is not accepting this down time because of his stroke very well.  He is one working son of a gun, always helpful to anyone ever needing anything and my heart just aches for him as I know his dream for all these years is to finally get his Eagle on the road and become a (full timer) with Debbie his wife.  My god I hate telling you all this, he is such a good guy and friend, but please keep him in your prayers.

I am going to give you his address now but not his phone number at this time as after he gets home from rehabilitation I wish for him to have time to adjust mentally and physically to what has happened to him.  Steve will appreciate all your kind words I know and try to do it often to keep his spirits up.  Here is Steve's Address:

Steve Gaines
581 Severn Way
Lexington, Ky  40503

I couldn't express how important this is to me to be there for a great guy that is in real need of support.  I am sure Debbie will bring him his cards from you all every day while he is in Rehabilitation and hopefully get many when he does get back home.  I can't tell you how much I too will appreciate you taking the time to do this. 

I will keep you informed of any updates on this post and any other request to show support for Steve.

I wish you all ahead of time a Merry Christmas Holiday to you all and your families and if you travel during this Christmas Holiday time that you and your family will all be safe in your travels.

Thanks again ahead of time for your prayers for Steve.
Gary LaBombard

Gary
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:37:47 PM »

So sad to here that Gary and thanks for letting us know,I never met Steve in person but  we spoke over the phone often for years he is a nice guy wishing the best for him and Debbie.I'll will call him when he can start taking calls, thanks again
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:40:17 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
kyle4501

NEWELL in South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:04:54 PM »

Bummer to hear about this. Steve is certainly an amazing guy. I'm sure that once he recovers from the shock of this setback, he will come up with a plan to deal with this 'new version' of himself.

All the best to Steve & Debbie ! 

Ye find what ye seek -- so be looking for progress & other positive things.

Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 05:17:27 PM »

Sorry to hear this too!
Never met Steve in person but corresponded with him here on the board a bit!
 Cry  BK   Cry
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »

This just breaks my heart! I've never met him but have shared some conversations on the phone in the past.

Thanks for letting us know Gary, I know it couldn't have been easy to do.

Cry

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
oltrunt

A fine BCM outting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:59:16 PM »

Our thoughts are with him and his family.  Jack and Lorna
Scott & Heather
Scott & Heather's buses: MCI-9 & MCI-102

MCI-9 & MCI-102

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »

Said a prayer for him just now. Said a prayer for Debbie too. She has a tough road ahead of her too. This news bummed me out today Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI 9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise (SOLD)
1992 MCI 102C3 8v92-turbo with 8 inch roof raise CURRENT HOME
Click link for 900 photos of our 1st bus conversion:
https://goo.gl/photos/GVtNRniG2RBXPuXW9
Beesme
62 pd 4106 8v71 86 Newell classic wide body 8v92 turbo

1962 pd4106 86 newell

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 03:43:02 AM »

I too just said a prayer for him . I've never spoken with him . But I sure will send a card and pic or 2 of bus and Newell merry Christmas everyone and cherish all our friends and family

Bruce E.                                                                        62 pd4106 vs730.                   
Gonic N.H.
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 07:14:15 AM »

Steve is just a great guy, and a great craftsman too.  Terrible news, and Steve if you see this, get well soon, buddy.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 01:06:21 PM »

I just wanted to remind everyone, not that I had to, that not this weekend but that Next Sunday is Christmas Day and I know one fellow just sitting in a chair with his head going crazy of coarse could sure use a lot of encouragement.  I hope many of you will send Steve (Kentucky Steve) a card to help cheer him up and give him hope that he will be able to continue his bus conversion and get to fulltiming like he has been planning for many years now.  It is not costly for a stamp to send a cheer to one of our family and I sure wish he could get a full bag of mail just a few days before Christmas to have him read over and over Christmas Day.  Prayers make miracles happen and just a card with a note or so can sure make a depressed person cheer up. Steve's home address is in the original post above.  I will let you know when he is home so you may call him as well.  Again, thank you for doing this and have a safe and Merry Christmas.
Gary

Gary
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »

Gary   are we going to take the rustless money pit to Arcadia this year.

hope to see you soon

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 04:55:06 PM »

Sorry Ned, not unless I use a LOw Boy!  Have a Merry Christmas, and a very safe trip.

Gary
jhufford

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Today at 04:42:34 PM »

Gary,  Any news on Steve's progress?  Hope things are well.   

Jim H.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: