Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 25, 2016, 10:49:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Weather Question  (Read 1603 times)
DoubleEagle

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »

Since everyone out west is frying nowadays, I wonder which setups for A/C are doing best? Three, four, five rooftops, basements, splits, two ton, three ton, etc. What does it take to be comfortable in your bus when it is over 100* at night while parked or going down the road when it is 110* and up? This weather is a real test of insulation, roof coatings, body color choices, generator capacity, and A/C chutzpah. How are you guys doing that decided an all black coach was cool (in appearance)?

Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 spd Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, HT740
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »

92* today with feels like 101* with 2.5 T basement AC, (3T, depending who you ask) and R-22 system and it's a meat locker in here if I want. Stationary. 220v
we like it.

ps poorly insulated by some standards.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:40:38 PM by eagle19952 » Logged

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »

3" insulation, 2 Roof warts Colemans Mach 3, Dark Tinted original windows still in a few replaced double pane and some single pane. Thick draps on the inside of front window with off white linings. MCD Solar Black and off white night solid vinyl roll up blinds over all windows except front. Crank on the AC's and good to go in 106 weather.
   No AC's on at 106 cook an egg on anything metal or shiny wood. When plugged in its 50 Amp or 30 or 15, the 4024 inverter will jump in if needed to run both AC's. Also have 7KW 3 cylinder Kubota with Kolher generator run everything on or off the road.
outside color white roof that needs a new coat and silver on the outside plus Shiny Stainless Steel lower half and front.

We don't go out much in Summer unless we go north because if hot have to keep the AC's going for the 3 Cats. So mostly go out September Oregon Washington, November Dam Rally maybe, January Quartszite & Dessert Hot Springs, March South and April LA. Rest of the time we take 3 or 4 days each month and go over to the Coast stay for a few days on the ocean. Life is Good

Also a friend of ours in the Entertainment Photography Business is sending us some Black cloth the use on the stages, that the wife will sew to the back of the front drapes to black out them even more. Cool Grin
Dave5Cs
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:42:40 PM by Dave5Cs » Logged

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »

92* today with feels like 101* with 2.5 T basement AC, (3T, depending who you ask) and R-22 system and it's a meat locker in here if I want. Stationary. 220v
we like it.

ps poorly insulated by some standards.

Feels like 101* those are spring and fall temps here Donald lol 124* will give any AC on a bus a work out

Life is short drink the good wine first
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:27:36 PM »

Feels like 101* those are spring and fall temps here Donald lol 124* will give any AC on a bus a work out

BUT..yours is a dry heat Smiley I am in the sweltering humidity of Alabama... JUST kidding Smiley

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:48:18 AM »

BUT..yours is a dry heat Smiley I am in the sweltering humidity of Alabama... JUST kidding Smiley

LOL dry heat right like a friggn oven !!!

opus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:37:59 AM »

My peas got frosted the other night....just sayin'.

1995 BB All-American - A Transformation.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:47:16 AM »

My peas got frosted the other night....just sayin'.

Send some frost my way !!!! I have a jacket

ol713

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:48:01 AM »

Hi all;
        I too agree with Dave5c.  For the most part we don't use the bus in
        hot weather.   We don't like the heat and the bus doesn't  like the
        heat either.
                                    Merle.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Today at 07:51:43 AM »

Hey Clifford. Do those five roof airs keep the bus cool enough for you?

Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Today at 08:22:02 AM »

John, the insulation on this bus is remarkable I can keep 3/4 of the bus cool with 1 roof air in all the heat here,the only part that will heat up a little is bedroom with 1 roof top running. I never have ran but 2  Ac units when parked and they cycle off and on Grin you and Steve did a good job.LOL I am looking forward to running all 5 I have my jacket on the back of seat just in case.I have me a compressor to hook the dash air up then I won't need the roof tops going down road. I thank you and Steve for the double pane Motion windows and all the insulation       

Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Today at 08:34:13 AM »

John wait until he get all the heat from the sewing machines going then AZ Heat will feel like New England!... Grin
Dave5Cs

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Today at 08:47:54 AM »

John wait until he get all the heat from the sewing machines going then AZ Heat will feel like New England!... Grin
Dave5Cs

Thanks with friends like you sending another machine what else does a person need in this world  Cheesy

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Today at 10:41:45 AM »

I screwed 1x2 fir strips horizontally to the vertical supports to create 2.25" of sprayed insulation. The windows are single pane RV windows by Peninsula. I have 3-13,500btu Coleman roof A/C's non-ducted as my only A/C. Hence I run the 10kw gen going down the road. 2 will cool the bus up to 100 degrees, then kick in the third. Once the sun goes down, one will cool very nicely. I have the front A/C close enough to the driver's seat to blow directly on me, then also a dash fan blows directly on me too. Never have been hot driving-108 is the hottest I've been in. When I have all three roof tops on, my wife usually has a sweater on. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: