Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
January 21, 2017, 07:57:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MC8 needs fuel pump in Quartzsite  (Read 426 times)
Geoff

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »

A regular poster on this board, Ed Vanlandingham, has an MC8 with an 8V92TA and custom radiator, is broken down in Quartzsite.  His fuel pump went out and he is having his bus towed to his reserved campground across from Rice Ranch.  Does anyone at the Bus Rally have a good fuel pump and would someone be willing to put it on for him?  Its an easy job, the anti-freeze does not have to be drained to get to the fuel pump.  If you can help out please call Ed at his bus 928 300 9046

Thanks

--Geoff
928 771 0045

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

I have plenty of fuel pumps Geoff if Ed doesn't get some help we may go to Quartzsite on Friday if the rain stops and I'll do it for him wonder if he needs a yoke ?

Life is short drink the good wine first
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 05:26:07 PM »

Thanks, Ciff!!

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Scott & Heather
Scott & Heather's buses: MCI-9 & MCI-102

MCI-9 & MCI-102

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:51:42 PM »

Hey since the discussion is started, how do you swap pumps with the coolant crossover tube right in the way? I need to learn this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI 9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise (SOLD)
1992 MCI 102C3 8v92-turbo with 8 inch roof raise CURRENT HOME
Click link for 900 photos of our 1st bus conversion:
https://goo.gl/photos/GVtNRniG2RBXPuXW9
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 05:30:15 AM »

With a 1/2 in wrench lol the tube is not in the way unless someone has installed the offset in the tube the wrong direction

Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 05:25:27 PM »

When changing the fuel pump (8v71 or 92) the fuel lines and wiring harness is what usually gets in the way.  The crossover pipe has a raise or hump in it so you can get to the fuel pump.

--Geoff

P.S. I haven't heard from Ed tonight, I'm sure he will call me to go to Quartzsite if it isn't fixed yet.....

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:47 PM »

Nice picture on Facebook of a coach arriving on a lowboy trailer...

He has lots of attention and friends!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Today at 05:38:38 AM »

When changing the fuel pump (8v71 or 92) the fuel lines and wiring harness is what usually gets in the way.  The crossover pipe has a raise or hump in it so you can get to the fuel pump.

--Geoff

P.S. I haven't heard from Ed tonight, I'm sure he will call me to go to Quartzsite if it isn't fixed yet.....

We had a little miss communication Geoff somebody was supposed to have a fuel pump at the rally. I had Tony and Pam stopping by on their way to take him the fuel pump,no one called so Tony and Pam went on by lol then Ed called last night wondering what happen so all is good I am going to Quartszite this AM with his fuel pump

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:44:37 PM »

Geoff, Ed's fuel pump was good for some reason the the fuel pressure switch is activating the shut down he is good now.
Since he is your customer you can figure out the wiring I think it is the run switch in the rear start panel.
Ed had to drive 250 miles to buy a fan belt so I left and came home but he is running .He needs to come to you anyway and have you fix some of those frigging oil leaks   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: