Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
March 06, 2015, 04:05:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  4,292 Members as of January 24, 2015 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simoniz My Cleaning Secret  (Read 181 times)
Tikvah

Ignore
« on: Today at 06:19:59 AM »

As Seen On TV  Smiley
What about a product like this on the stainless steels sides?  Apply with a lambs wool on a buffer? ? ?

https://www.mycleaningsecret.com

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:17:09 AM »

Maybe it's good.  I have no idea.  You might be able to find some reviews of it online.  I get a little suspicious when they use phrases like, "and that's not all" as they tout up the value though.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:29:57 AM »

That kind of product usually is good for cleaning, but is unlikely to increase the shine. Is the intent to achieve a mirror polish or is it to just remove road grime?

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
Tikvah

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:42:43 AM »

Is the intent to achieve a mirror polish or is it to just remove road grime?

I guess I always just assumed the stainless needed cleaning.  I guess I always thought the stainless started out shinny but years of abuse caused it to dull.  All we need is to clean it up again.

Maybe I've always been wrong.

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:45:36 AM »

The things they say it will clean it has to be a acid base you are better off I would believe with a bottle of 3M Fast Cut and a sponge polishing pad to bring back the shine that is all I ever use about 50 bucks a qt made for clear coat buffing and works good on S/S

Life is short drink the good wine first
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:42:58 PM »

Like someone else noted here, if you want it clean there are lots of products out there that will clean it. If you want it to shine, you have to polish it, whether you use a wax based polish or a polymer based polish compound doesn't seem to make much difference, but just cleaning it will not make it shine like a mirror. HTH
Will

Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:04:45 PM »

And if you order in the next 42 second you will receive a potato peeler and  the Weasel Vice,
                                       Operators are standing By

Sorry Dave couldn't resist. Roll Eyes

Side Note, Simonize is one of the oldest car wax companies still in business. It used to have the add that ended with "It a Simonize Shine"
But SS is one of the hardest metals to polish but can be done. HF 7 inch Polisher 39.00 and a stick of Blue or white polishing bar. don't leave it in one place to long or you will burn it. IBP has a polishing instruction page on their website for Mirror finishes.

Dave5Cs

My personal skills are fine.. itís my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: