Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
April 28, 2017, 04:54:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GPS Devices which one or not ???  (Read 470 times)
Astro

Astroworld Hotel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »

I'm the first one for less regulation but it makes sense there should be something beyond a license to drive a VW needed to safely drive them.

Huh? You are all for less regulation and even though you havenít bought or driven a bus yet, you are for more regulation in this case? Sounds a bit contradicting to me.

IMO, I prefer less regulation in almost every case. Government action generally does very little to improve anything.

Ken
Arlington, WA
1971 MC-5B, U7017, S9226 (On the road)
1945 Flxible Clipper (Stripped and in the shop for conversion)
RJ
Angola Coach Conversion "Aesop's Tortoise"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:17:15 PM »

Don & Ken -

Our busnut friends who live in British Columbia must take a class in order to drive a vehicle equipped with air brakes.  So even the stick 'n staple Class A diesel pusher crowd up there have to get that endorsement.  (Not sure if this is true in other Canadian Provinces. . .)

I agree with Don in that there are a lot of folk out there on the highway with a motorhome that should take some kind of training because they have no clue what they're doing.

But I don't agree that the government should get involved, there's too much bureaucratic BS out there as it is.

The scariest ten words in the English language are: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you!"

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 1978 MC-5C Converted
6V71/MT-644
S14947 1980 MC-5C Shell
6V92/HT-740
Cheney WA
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:40:50 PM »

Every province in Canada requires an air brakes endorsement to drive anything with air brakes. You can take the course on Friday night, Sat and Sun and then take the test. A great education for anybody that is going to operate an air brakes vehicle. This is the kind of thing a government should do. And I don't see that it has hurt the sales of RVs up here.

JC

JC
Blackie AB
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: