Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 22, 2017, 09:42:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDEC IV Tach???  (Read 161 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »

My tach hasn't worked for me..   It is past my knowledge!  I have a ddev iv and the output at ecm K1 has no pulse.  Engine runs good.  Huh? do all ddec have tach pin?? Have brought tac near ecm and hooked up there.   3 connections  pulse  ground and 12v hot.  Have no problem buying new tach if I knew the problem place--ecm or tach? Engine 2000yr pre egr  out of freightlinner. 60 serries.   Any suggestions?? Greatly appreciated...    Should reader read rpm?   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:57:20 PM »

The 505 circuit provides out put signals for the tachometer drive on mine and that is the K-1 cavity the pulse rate is 12 pulse/rev. for the 60 series.The pro/Link will read the rpms.Your tachometer output maybe not activated. Choose "Activate ECM Outputs" from the engine menu and see if K-1 is activated if not it will display N/A on the Pro/Link    
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:23:54 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
dickegler

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:18:08 AM »

Bob, don't buy a new tach,

I have a new Dixon you can have free.  Just send me your address.

Hope everything is going well.

Dick
« Last Edit: Today at 04:19:59 AM by dickegler » Logged

dick egler  atlanta, in  92 prevost/beaver conversion, N5333L
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:52:57 AM »

Dick: sent a pm with address.   Thanks!!!    Glad to see you still visit board.  Hope to see you at Evansville in Sept..   Prevost needs  to make a good showing Plus you will get to meet people that post here and other boards.  God speed my friend.  That makes twice you helped me out..Bob    Clifford; I'll plug in later and see what it shows--Again expert advise helps guide a new---be.  Well wishes to you and family.     Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: