Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
February 22, 2017, 11:26:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI 9 original window questions  (Read 52 times)
DaveinRI

Ignore
« on: Today at 05:45:21 PM »

Moving along on a very simple MC9 conversion and have to deal with that terrible bathroom window. I am located in New England and a wrecking yard nearby has a few model D's but no 9's. They were not sure if the windows were the same, and neither am I.  I am keeping all of the windows for now(to get it on the road ASAP) but would like toswap out a few with the Penninsula glass inserts. I am assuming because my bathroom window currently has a gasket that has been modified i will need a known good window with complete rubber seal. Or do they sell just the seals?

So if anyone could direct me to a potential east coast wrecking yard or help with advice, Also if anyone has a set of Pen windows they want to sell cheap  Grin

Thanks
Dave
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:58:51 PM »

I've seen possibly MC-9's off Interstate 80 near Danville, PA. They are on right side off west bound lanes. Someone else on here may have better details. Also, Luke in NJ may be of help.

GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:59:19 PM »

You need MC9/MC12 windows, "D" windows are different.

What seals do you mean? The entire window, frame and all, can be swapped out.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: