Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 01:19:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Way Cool Tool!  (Read 949 times)
Old4103

« on: April 04, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »

I don't know how many of you use "re-purposed" or used lumber for the bus conversion, or for anything else for that matter, but I just thought I'd share what was just on "This Old House" on PBS.

It's called a de-nailing gun and goes by the brand name of Nail Kicker. What it does is shoots the nail from the back side of a board with a pneumatic piston, kind of like a nail gun in reverse.

Here's the website I found for it: http://www.reconnx.com/demonstration.html

I remember my days as a kid when dad would haul a bunch of salvaged lumber home, (He had a side business for a while tearing buildings down). My job would be to straighten up and pull all the nails in all the boards and do as little damage as possible. I got paid a penny per board, but if I damaged the board, it cost me a nickel. Dad made money on that deal.
This gun would have been a lot easier on my 6 or 7 year old fingers.

As a side note, I got a bright idea to use an pneumatic pop riveter to pull nails with a few years ago. It works good on most finish nails, but you need to tap the framing nails out a bit and nip the heads off first.

Dallas
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »

Were the nails square or round when you were a kid?  Grin Grin

LOL just checking.
Will

Old4103

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »

You mean there were ROUND nails??

Were the nails square or round when you were a kid?  Grin Grin