Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 09:05:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Way Cool Tool!  (Read 922 times)
Old4103

« on: April 04, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »

I don't know how many of you use "re-purposed" or used lumber for the bus conversion, or for anything else for that matter, but I just thought I'd share what was just on "This Old House" on PBS.

It's called a de-nailing gun and goes by the brand name of Nail Kicker. What it does is shoots the nail from the back side of a board with a pneumatic piston, kind of like a nail gun in reverse.

Here's the website I found for it: http://www.reconnx.com/demonstration.html

I remember my days as a kid when dad would haul a bunch of salvaged lumber home, (He had a side business for a while tearing buildings down). My job would be to straighten up and pull all the nails in all the boards and do as little damage as possible. I got paid a penny per board, but if I damaged the board, it cost me a nickel. Dad made money on that deal.
This gun would have been a lot easier on my 6 or 7 year old fingers.

As a side note, I got a bright idea to use an pneumatic pop riveter to pull nails with a few years ago. It works good on most finish nails, but you need to tap the framing nails out a bit and nip the heads off first.

Dallas
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »

Were the nails square or round when you were a kid?  Grin Grin

LOL just checking.
Will

Old4103

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »

You mean there were ROUND nails??

Were the nails square or round when you were a kid?  Grin Grin