Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 09:22:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK I'M Ready to tell all  (Read 4018 times)
gm4106

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2006, 05:38:39 AM »

Today i'm ready to tell everyone that yes it true that i'm a BUSAHOLIC

GM PD4106-1689 8V71TA  V730
Mount Holly,NC
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 05:44:26 AM »

Almost step 1.  You must admit that you are powerless in regard to this addiction.  Only 11 more to go. Wink

Anonimity is also a plus...it's saves your family from the stigma and furthur ridicule.  Good luck on your rehabilitation. Lips Sealed

Statistics show however that a very small percentage of recovering Busaholics ever return to normal. Undecided

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:48:08 AM »

Hi! I'm Dallas
And
I'm a busaholic.

And without the humor, keep these to precepts in mind from another group that has it's problems:

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

and

One Day at a TimeDon't let the process overcome the other things that are important. If things aren't going right on one thing, let it go for a while and do something else.

Dallas
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:01 AM »

Almost step 1.  You must admit that you are powerless in regard to this addiction.  Only 11 more to go. Wink

Anonimity is also a plus...it's saves your family from the stigma and furthur ridicule.  Good luck on your rehabilitation. Lips Sealed

Statistics show however that a very small percentage of recovering Busaholics ever return to normal. Undecided

Bob

There are 12 steps.  Almost 5 years and I think I'm still on step 1.
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:42:46 AM »

Well, I don't know what's wrong with you guys, but I could stop anytime I wanted. My bus is just an investment. Yeah an investment. I only think about buses al little after dinner and in social situations. I don't have any bus problem.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:45:03 AM by phil4501 » Logged
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 07:10:04 AM »

Well, I do not know how easy it is to cure this disease. Here I have been without a bus for over two years, and I still have the disease.
The good news I got today is that DML is being resurrected as the Phoenix!
Richard

BTW, I am now on the final countdown to being a HERO

Well, I don't know what's wrong with you guys, but I could stop anytime I wanted. My bus is just an investment. Yeah an investment. I only think about buses al little after dinner and in social situations. I don't have any bus problem.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 07:14:29 AM »

And what do you get for being a Hero? You already have 5 stars. 

Maybe you get commets or moons or something like that? 

Or maybe it just means you have to buy us each a round of beer!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 07:16:47 AM »

Would love to buy you a round of beer. Are you going to come to Dallas's or BK's shindig?
Richard
Counting down. 9 to go.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »

Would love to buy you a round of beer. Are you going to come to Dallas's or BK's shindig?
Richard
Counting down. 9 to go.

Wish I could. Probably not going to happen this year. We'll be doing our usual annual vacation to WY later this month.  Right now, my job is scheduled to end at the end of Sept and then I'll be out of work again. I'd really like to go to Churchill to see the polar bears in Oct.

All these rallys are just too far away for us and at the wrong time of year at this time in our lives. Maybe when the kids get through school.

We've been trying to figure out how to make it to Jack's rally for several years, and still haven't made it. Getting harder to do with the kids in High School now.

We're hoping to be in Nova Scotia next June, but unless Jerry moves his up a few weeks, we'll probably miss his, too.

Oregon is too far away.

And nobody want's to come to the mountains of Wyoming, so we usually just have a gathering of one  Wink though I think this year there will be a homebuilt trailer (In-Laws) and possibly an S&S Motorhome. I've been trying to get Jim to stop by on his way back from Oregon, but I think he'll already be home by the time we get there.

We're thinking of returning to AK in 2008, so if anyone wants to go, maybe we could organize a bus caravan and hold a rally up there.  Cheesy

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 01:08:36 AM »

Judging from the number of posts you guys make, clearly you have too much time on your hands. :-)

And here I am still trying to get rid of the "newbie" label... :-(

But I do know that "Sr. Member" and 3 bucks will buy a Big Mac at most of the golden arches joints across the country. :-)

Clarke
Dallas

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 04:13:27 AM »

That's Right Clarke! You Tell 'em!

Those guys are too worried about climbing the ladder of success!

By the way, you only have 8 more to go!  Wink

Dallas
Chatroom Moderator
Hero
and
All Around Nice Guy!
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 10:39:58 AM »

I'm in other 12 step programs, and I can safely say that my busaholic problem is the reason my other problem is not rearing its' ugly head anymore.  I enjoy working on the bus so much that my wife encourages it since she can see a difference in my attitude when I come back home.  I truly feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have some sort of hobby that can consume their thoughts so they are not totally consummed by their work only.  Personally, I work to live and play.  I would quit working in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Want to get out there to see the country, and our friends to the north and our northern most state.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 11:59:56 AM »

Shoot. . . I've been a busnut since I was a kid, and rode this bus back when it was new in 1955.  Used to sit in the front seat across from the driver, and marvel at him making change and shifting the manual gearbox at the same time. . .

I've even had the wonderful opportunity to drive it, too - whooo hooo!

Plus I own a bus that used to belong to a company I worked for - and it was my favorite in the fleet at the time!

Pretty sad, eh?

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »

Ya'll know they have medication for this...

"BUSpar"!
 Grin

OK, OK, I am ashamed of myself.  It was stupid and I admit it.  Probably only funny to me.  So, I apologize.

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Dallas

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 02:43:48 PM »

Ya'll know they have medication for this...

"BUSpar"!
 Grin

OK, OK, I am ashamed of myself.  It was stupid and I admit it.  Probably only funny to me.  So, I apologize.

Jimmy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hey Jimmy,
If we couldn't laugh at ourselves, we'd have to cry.
After all, where else could you throw tons of money without someone dressing you in a coat with the arms that tie in back and then tossing you in a room with the cotton stuffed canvas wall paper?

Dallas
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: