Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 01:29:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sammy has made his last bus ride.........  (Read 9096 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »

That is very sad! We will miss him a lot. I had no idea that he was having health issues. He was the one that answered some of my technical questions. That is sure too bad.

Bye Sammy, we will miss you.

I extend my condolences to the family, and pray for them.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »

He'll be making perfect downshifts everytime now....

Lift, pump, snick, throttle tip, pump, snick, squeeze....

Time well spent with us on this part of the journey.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »

I never met nor corresponded with Sammy, but his presence was well known. God Speed fellow Bus Enthusiast!

Condolences and prayers to his family.

~Paul and Becky~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »

A great loss to us here, but I'm sure heaven will be working properly.

Thanks Sammy for all your help.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »

So sad, He had answers for all my chatroom Huh  He will be missed.

1976 4905
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »

Just today I was thinking that whatever happened to my DDEC or transmission, Sammy would be there to assist.  Reckon I'll travel alone now....
Godspeed Sammy!  You will be missed!
Our prayers go out to Sammy's family.  I hope that if they need anything, they let us know.
Sad, JR

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:11:04 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 08:21:13 PM »

Man I almost can't believe it! I can't tell how many times Sammy was there to help me thru problems with emails, calls and faxed drawings & print outs.
All I know is that he will be greatly missed by all, and deserves to play in heaven for all those he helped here on earth!

Good bye Sammy, and even though I can't call anymore I keep your number handy! See ya in heaven buddy!

Sad  BK   Sad

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »

I'm not sure what to say...

All I know is this: When I first looked at bus conversions, it was because quite frankly, I thought about living on a boat. But I always enjoyed buses. Then I started looking at people like Richard, Sammy, and others (Cody and Libby are on our worship prayer list). Strange thing happened. I started worrying about where I would park a shell, instead of mooring a boat. I guess I have to confess. I want a bus more to be part of the "community". Look at how you guys treated the Ferguson's. I know of only two organizations that go that far out of their way for other "members": Freemasons, and AA.

There is a lot more to learn here than just about buses. Watching Sammy help you guys taught me something very valuable. Our talent and time is meant to be shared. Freely at times; for pay at others. And God's return on all this is a respect, love, and admiration that will surely outlive any of the materials we work with. That's not BS: Love is and never can be "recycled" like aluminum and steel. Love is a constant force behind the creativity that goes into our work with materials and each other. Thanks Sammy. Thanks for reminding me of why it is better to give, than to receive.

My condolances to the family and the rest of the community.

Doug

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 09:49:50 PM »

Another helpful bus nut will be missing on the board. This happen too fast! We never know what next in our every day life.

We are going to miss Sammy…who never gave up helping anyone in the need to fix the problems.

My prayer to the family.

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 11:50:16 AM »

I don't know how many times Dallas called Sammy to get information about a part and Sammy always had an answer.  He might be busy but as soon as he could he would call back with the help Dallas needed.  He even tried to help an internet friend of mine get a job since she lived in his area.  He was one that always went beyond what he had to do to help someone. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 07:49:05 PM »

Sammy, thank you for all your kindnesses.  I will remember you fondly and consider yours to have been an excellent example.  I know that you are well and happy no matter where in the universe you might be.  You have earned that pleasant ending.

Bye, Bye Sammy

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
cody

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 08:17:52 AM »

I miss sammy, we talked on a regular basis in the chatroom, he was always friendly and helpful and just a downright nice guy, he also helped me torment the S&S people over at rv.net, we used to double team the people over there, it was fun.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »

My heart is heavy this evening after reading about our friend Sammy's passing. Not being much of a regular on the Board these days I miss the news, both the good and the bad.

Jackie and I offer our sincere condolances to Sammy's family and friends.

On the brighter side, can you imagine the reunion going on today with all the others who have gone before?
Would that I could be a mouse in someones pocket...but then it won't be too long and I'll be with them.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
shannonrose

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 01:40:18 PM »

I don't get on here much so I just saw this now and am crushed.  We were supposed to go meet him.  He wanted to teach my kids some stuff this summer.  I'm shocked!!!  He has helped us SOOOO much with our bus and he was the kindest man to do all he did for us.  This is so sad.  We will really miss being able to chat with him.

Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: