Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 26, 2014, 01:24:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the real truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about inverters...  (Read 9422 times)
poohbear

PoohBear

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2009, 08:37:51 AM »

Thanks Jack;
    i am in the pacific northwest in northern Idaho so i will try in Seatle
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2009, 09:38:47 AM »

Poohbear,

You might contact Timothy Stettler at the Spokane community College.
 They have an electronics repair series and he may know more the local
 scene for repairs on your inverter.

fundamentals of electrical safety, electrical and electronic repair, basic hy- ...... wind, photovoltaic, hydro-generators, inverters, ...... Spokane Community College. Scott Stidham. Electro Mechanical Technology. General Electrician License
from there catalog Smiley

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2009, 03:01:45 PM »

Hmmm!!! Guess no one knows where to get an inverter fixed just how to get icecream hot!!!

What part of the country are you located in?   I had our Marine Freedom 25 repairred at a place in Sarasota, Fl. I do not know if they will just sell parts. If you live along a coast, check some of the large marine electronics dealers. That's is the type of place that repaired mine.  Jack
hey jack ever hang out at marina jacks in srq? how is cafe caldi? what's that coffee shop owned by that Jewish guy named Joe ?? he used to be on orange over my rosemary court with the hippy commune.
OK so I was thinking of putting some heavy metal plates about 3" thick along the bottom of the freezer and running it over night??? would this be a good way to do a homemade "plate" freezer and not have to worry about either one, genset or alternator, or could this just be  a good way of relieving the need for the inverter to work as often??? just a though. hakuna matata.  Grin Wink Roll Eyes Cool
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:05:05 PM by circusboy90210 » Logged
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »

How much of this steel plate would you plan on using?  I would think you would need a decent amount to provide the cooling you want. With 3" steel plate weighing about 125 lbs/sq ft, this should be interesting.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »

See my original post.

You'd be done by now and ready to sell ice cream.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2009, 12:15:42 AM »

Selling Ice cream is not the point BW. Talking about selling ice cream is the point lol

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2009, 05:37:48 AM »

Selling Ice cream is not the point BW. Talking about selling ice cream is the point lol

Exactly.

Several years ago, a buddy of mine mentioned his wife got all ticked off at him and he couldn't understand why. He said she came home one day and told him she needed advice on a problem she was having at work. He listened for a moment and gave her a clear concise solution that was spot on.  She stormed off.  I explained that although she SAID she needed a solution, all she really wanted to do was talk about the situation.  The fact that he solved it before she could fully vent frustrated her.  He went back to his wife, had the lengthy discussion, came to the same conclusion, and she was thrilled!

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2009, 07:36:12 AM »

Waaiit a minute!!!...  Huh Huh
Are you saying this is some sort of "Group Therapy"? Shocked I thought we were just clowning around, not really nuts.  Roll Eyes

Exactly.

Several years ago, a buddy of mine mentioned his wife got all ticked off at him and he couldn't understand why. He said she came home one day and told him she needed advice on a problem she was having at work. He listened for a moment and gave her a clear concise solution that was spot on.  She stormed off.  I explained that although she SAID she needed a solution, all she really wanted to do was talk about the situation.  The fact that he solved it before she could fully vent frustrated her.  He went back to his wife, had the lengthy discussion, came to the same conclusion, and she was thrilled!

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2009, 07:27:32 PM »

Right,

call me when we reach that point.

I got stuff to do.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »

How much of this steel plate would you plan on using?  I would think you would need a decent amount to provide the cooling you want. With 3" steel plate weighing about 125 lbs/sq ft, this should be interesting.
I tried to look up figures on how much "heat" plate steel retains to no end as to try to reduce need for running the genset as much during the day. no answers. I worked allday finding auxilary fuel tank for the genset and getting it bolted down to the bumper. fuel fittings were the hardest things to find. however I'm now ready, I will be going to Sam's club tomorrow. gettingthis thing to start was hell as priming the system and working the gunk out of the system took that mechanic many pulls of the cord. changed the sparking plug  air filter is fine, will be changing  the oil tomorrow. next step getting the towing equipment welded together and bolt holes in place for the bolting together. I will be junking this travel trailer for i'ts goodies as soon as I find a suitable shell. I've been seeing some pretty good units uner $20 that arent over 15 years old and might have good power plants.
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2009, 08:21:42 AM »

It's a sad state of affairs when we have nothing better to do with our time than bait people into unanswerable puzzles. And it's even worse when we are so bored we allow ourselves to be baited by them.

For a bunch of folks whose combined knowledge of buses may be unrivaled we sure like to bite at them shiny minnows.

If this hasn't become off topic and pointless.... then I truly don't think we should have an off topic area anymore.

Circusboy. We are not all fooled

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »

It's a sad state of affairs when we have nothing better to do with our time than bait people into unanswerable puzzles. And it's even worse when we are so bored we allow ourselves to be baited by them.

For a bunch of folks whose combined knowledge of buses may be unrivaled we sure like to bite at them shiny minnows.

If this hasn't become off topic and pointless.... then I truly don't think we should have an off topic area anymore.

Circusboy. We are not all fooled
rick that is highly offensive to say that. these are not unanswerable. just you don't know the answer, I"m not into baiting anybody into any thing. I think you owe me an apology Ty.  legitimate question on how to solve a question. Thank god you don't represent everybody, people who also need to know appreciate my "stupid" questions. The question your don't ask is the stupid one.  I'm always on a quest for knowledge and this place is about sharing it , so take a chill pill OK?? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: