Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 12:13:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any recomendations where to get a core Delco 50N  (Read 1033 times)
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »

My Detroit S60 does not come with a Delco 50N.  It runs Bosch T1's   I'm looking for a pulley driven unit plus any leeds for brackets and hardware.    I probably need to find the engine serial number of a bus running this arrangement.   Thanks in advance.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »

I can give the serial number for an 8V71 that has the pulley and belt driven alternator.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »

Why do you want to change from the pair of Bosch's to a single 50DN?

The pair gives you redundancy, the reason the motorcoach industry runs pairs of alternators now, instead of a single.

No gen light comes on, you quickly get no engine and no transmission...electronics won't run on fuel and air.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:47:52 PM »

I doubt the engine serial number will help since the alternator is an add-on accessory and not part of the engine package.

I can't find anything in the parts book for my bus about the alternator bracket.  The alternator bracket is attached to the engine and I am pretty sure it is not specific to my bus.  Maybe Delco sells the bracket for the Series 60.

Like BW said I don't know why you want to go back to a 50DN.

There is a 50DN from a Series 50 or 60 on Ebay right fnow or cheap, but it looks to be in real bad shape.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »

Buswarrior, I am not going to remove the T1.   The factory arrangement has the T1 located where the OTR air normally sits.   I want to add a second alternator.   If I am going to the trouble of adding a second, I might as well go with a oil cooled Delco for my house battery bank system.
I realize that "many" S60 came with dual T1's mounted to the right side of the engine.   
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 12:07:34 AM »

Not sure of your location, as shipping will be kinda high, but Nimco in lovely Newark NJ may have what you are looking for.

Ask for Nick. Don't have the number handy, but they are on the web.

Actually the jail down the street had the best "curb" appeal of the block...

Good Luck

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: