Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 04:01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus would not air up  (Read 759 times)
sailerman

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2006, 05:28:47 PM »

This is a fallow up to my post  on 26 June that my coach would not air up.
It was two problems 
1.  The air dryer purge valve was leaking all the air that the compressor could supply.
I installed a purge valve kit and replaced the air dryer cartridge while I had it apart.
The inside of the housing had a gray goop with water beads in it. I had to clean out
about half a cup of the goop. 

I reinstalled all parts of the air dryer and started the bus. The air pressure came up very fast and
 steady with the air pressure cut off releasing at 123lbs.
The front air bags would not fill up but the rear did. What now?
I crawled back under and looked around, I heard air escaping and found a valve assembly next to the front leveling valve either the Williams valve or solenoid valve for the kneeling system missing a plug on the bottom of the valve body. I screwed in a half inch PVC plug that I had for my water system where the missing plug should have been. I restarted the coach and it aired up great, every thing ok, both front and back airbags aired up.

I have a question to all of you do any of you know if there is anything else that should be in that hole in the valve body I have no clue. I don’t no how long that plug has been missing; it was pretty clean around the threads.
 Thanks to all who shared Ideas and suggestions? This bus board sure was a great help to me in solving this problem.
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 06:53:06 PM »

Ahoy there sailerman, it sounds like your quick release valve is shot. These are available at NAPA.

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: