Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:45:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coleman Roof A.C. units leaking inside the bus????  (Read 4384 times)
mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »

Dave
 Sorry that I wasn't very clear on which coil to clean,The evap. coil which blows cold air inside your coach. And yes you do need to carefully remove the foil tape(you will need to replace the tape),I think you will find some screws along the sides,carefully pull the sheet metal back and using a small hand sprayer wash down the coil. Dave also at this point you should be able to see the drain pan(look for a possible crack in styrofoam pan) slowly pour water in and along the front edge of the coil so you don't flood the area below the unit ,this should give you a chance to test and locate a leak.
  Dwayne
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 04:42:54 AM »

Thank you Dwayne, now that makes sense. I just didn't go deep enough into the A/C unit.

I will try that and get back with the results.

Dave

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Airbag

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »

FWIW I have seen it raining inside 40 million dollar jets from condensation. Sometimes it just happens. I hope you find the cause of your problem.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »

Airbag,

It rained on me inside a C-130 over the mid Atlantic.  I was REALLY worried and started tasting the "fluid".  I was hoping for a busted drain from the pilots piss tube but I feared hydraulic fluid or FUEL.  You guessed it.....rain from condensate while descending.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
4104GA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 08:01:52 PM »

:)Back in time to my aircraft mtc. days anytime we had water blowing from the outlets in the cabin we changed
the water soaked cloth filters at the air turbin machine outlet. Very common in the southern areas with high
humitidy 

Enjoy your ride
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: