Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 05:39:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Bus On Your Profile?????????  (Read 3997 times)
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2009, 08:06:25 AM »

Your Bus On Your Profile?HuhHuh??
I am pretty new to this Bus thing and I come here for answers and give help where I can. When I am chating in the bus garage or reading a thread I often click on Profiles to see who is commenting and what kind of bus they have. More and more I am finding less and less on your profiles. Now as a fellow BUS NUT, I think I know how you feel about your bus. So, why not list it on your profile? Or am I missing something? I can see why the personnal info. can be sparce. It sure would help with the Meet & Greet thing. What do you think? All the Best, M&C
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:08:17 AM by Singing Land Cruiser » Logged

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:47:04 AM »

There are some pictures posted back in the all topics ,post your bus pics section,and most have ,the rest dunnno

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »

It would be nice to see location where they have one or if they are full time? Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:02 AM »

This subject comes up every once in a while. I know because I've asked the same question several times. The responses I get include, "Just don't want to give out personal information", this includes bus information, location ect........

Most of the regulars here have some of that information already posted, others just choose not to for one reason or another. It's all a matter of choice. Wink

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »

lots of folks aren't the best at this computer stuff, nor do they want to spend the time fooling.

You're lucky to find as many profiles as you do!

It's a huge jump to have some of us on the compuker to begin with!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:38:40 PM »

I live in Jamaica Huh Roll Eyes Wink

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 06:36:04 AM »

For me, the bus year and model plus the general area makes being helpful easier.  Mostly the area helps if someone needs help or a part or whatever.  Personally I don't get why any one feels this is too much info, but this bus thing does attract a varied, individualistic (and sometimes persnickety) bunch.  Smiley

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 07:24:15 AM »

I live in Jamaica Huh Roll Eyes Wink

Is that Jamaica, Iowa, New York, Vermont, Virginia, Massachusetts, or Mexico?

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 08:48:52 AM »

Len,

I'll never tell. Lips Sealed  Color me persnickety. Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:05:29 AM »

Len,

I'll never tell. Lips Sealed  Color me persnickety. Grin

John
John, if you live in Jamaica, that puts me about 50 miles out in the ocean. I won't say which ocean cause I'm persnickety too LOL Will

letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 09:10:41 AM »

That puts you two ahead of me cause I can't even spell persnickety! Shocked

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 02:57:57 PM »

Here in Pennsyltucky, we have Intercourse (That's out East), "Moon" township, and Mars.  I sometimes drive through Indiana, Oklahoma, or occasionally California or Washington-We call it "Whoreshington" in these parts.  Tongue We don't have Venus. I'm unsure why. I know this area is mostly conservative and heterosexual in nature... Huh

Doug  Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:20:01 PM by PADoug » Logged

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
Blacksheep

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 03:06:45 PM »

I live in Lakeland as in Florida, home of many blue hairs, where money was always brought in from up north, but now the yanks have gotten smart and decided to stay home! Sad

Ace
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 05:53:51 PM »

happy happy  Grin

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 06:30:34 PM »

I have nothing to hide, I'm not doing anything wrong, and am not paranoid.  Further, I refuse to adopt a victim attitude!  I don't care if you know I'm in Quinlan North Texas, or my real name.  BFD,  My old beat up bus ia a 1991 MCI102A3 ex Dart bus 8284 that ran in Dallas.   I bought her in Corona California from the guy who bought her from the broker who bought her and a LOT of her sisters from Dallas.  What, someone going to hunt me down 'cuz they might deduce some 'secret' about my bus?   LOL

Guess I'm a grumpy old in-your-face-kinda-arse.  Had an inmate once name of, Jack McKraken threaten me, told me he'd send some of his boys by to visit me if I didn't start looking the other way.  He was a wanna be mob hit man who capped two teamsters who lived and testified against him.  I gave Jack my trucks plate numbers and my address, told him to send his boys by for a warm welcome.  I then pointed out they didn't search me when I entered the building.  Muahaha.  Somehow he never found the time to call 'his boys'.

Life is way too short!  Y'all gotta not take things so frappin serious!   =)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:48:41 PM by MattC » Logged

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
gus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »

I think what Mike is saying is that it is not easy to help some guy with a question about his engine or bus when he doesn't give a clue as to the type.

This happens all the time, never have been able to figure that one out?

If it is in his profile that makes it much easier. 

Has nothing to do with being serious or not serious.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 11:56:24 PM »

Heck - I@ns got us googled - If you can't find me - you never looked - Smiley

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
gus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 09:47:55 PM »

When a nut asks a question it shouldn't be necessary to run a search to find out what equipment he is asking about!!

Post the dang information with the question!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »

I find that it would be nice if the profiles would at least provide your bus type and the state you live in. You could have a fellow Bus nut a few towns away and never know it. I have posted before about Busnuts in the area and have had very few responses, must be a best kept secret. Sometimes it fun to share information in person than strictly on line especially if you happen to be near each other. You never know the wives might also have something in common. Maybe a chance to strike up a new friendship also.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 04:56:53 AM »

These are all great responses, but I have to tell ya, it aint gonna happen unless it's required, and I don't see that happening either. It's all a matter of choice, and of the 2,000 plus memebers only a few really use the board anyway.

The folk who do post all information about bus brand, motor, trans, location and any other information are in my book considered "The Chosen Few"! Grin

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 05:46:11 AM »

We have always posted our information and so far, (knocking on the wooden desk) have never had a problem, but have met many wonderful fellow busnuts.  We even have a busnut from Australia planning to stop by in a couple weeks.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »

Jack,

Treat that Aussie and any Kiwi you might run into very well.  They are famous for their hospitality and they relish "payback".  Go ahead, ask me how I know this.... Smiley

Have a great visit,

John

—Pla
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 06:17:44 AM »

It's too bad that some would rather just share information behind a computer on this board than to actually meet new people face to face and share information, especially a newbee bus owner. Sometimes when you actually see other conversions it gives you a better idea as to what others are doing and why, it gives you a chance to ask questions as to why they did it that way etc. My conversion is not ready for the road or rallies but it would be really great to meet someone locally that has completed theirs or are even in progress to sit and talk and share ideas. Also knowing who is local to your area might even give you a chance to set up your own mini rally at a park or even someones home. If we had only known.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 06:52:42 AM »

Steve, you are right on the money. My wife and I both feel like we have a new family and we want to meet everyone of them. We would like to share info., see how their systems are set up and show off ours. This site is a great starting point for alot of us "NewBees" and we don't want to join a club perse, we want to promote friendship between persons with a common intrest. The Bus. This thread has revealed that some of us bus owners want more contact with others for the greater good of the bus lifestyle. Can this site provide a registry for those of us how want to be more open to meeting and greeting each other? All the Best, M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Blacksheep

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 09:12:56 AM »

Could it be that those that are afraid to post info about themselves have something to hide or is hiding from someone like a bill collector or IRS or maybe even the law?
Heck I'm known on a first name basis with all of the above and I found its best if you put yourself out in the world. That way, they don't bug you by hunting you down! You guys that have all these excuses about putting info out in the public or on the net is just that! An excuse to hide the truth!
Ace
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »

I agree ,Ace.Our door is always open to any bus nut ,we let our pit bull Boo sort out all the freaks and psycho's with any ill intentions Wink.Always give back double ,that which you receive.

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:47:50 AM »

Could it be that those that are afraid to post info about themselves have something to hide or is hiding from someone like a bill collector or IRS or maybe even the law?
Heck I'm known on a first name basis with all of the above and I found its best if you put yourself out in the world. That way, they don't bug you by hunting you down! You guys that have all these excuses about putting info out in the public or on the net is just that! An excuse to hide the truth!
Ace
Okay Ace,
I checked your profile. It didn't escape my attention that you didn't put what language you use--so what are you hiding? LOL
Good post, Will

Blacksheep

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »

Ok my mistake! I usually try and speak English although some of you can't understand even that!
I've been in jail, back when I was married to Hell's partner.
I once lied to a bill collector that was harrassing me for a bill or multiple bills that a woman owed. They kept calling my number asking for her and one day I decided to be her. When they found out I wasn't her, they got the message and never called back.

The IRS? Yea I owed them big at one time! VERY BIG! To the tune that it was in the high 6 digits but like all else, that has been cleared up and I have more now than I did when I WAS trying to hide!

Do all yourselves a favor. Don't hide! Who cares if you only have so much retirement or SS! Who cares if your with someone different than you were a while back! Who cares if you got bills and have been late! Hey welcome to the world pal! EVERYONE well almost everyone has bills AND a past! Your life can be so much better if you just face it head on!

Ace
Blacksheep

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 09:58:18 AM »

Let me add to that the jail time was very short and I was wrongfully arrested which resulted in me winning a settlement from the Polk County sherrif dept.

Ace
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 12:43:46 PM »

----- clip -------

Do all yourselves a favor. Don't hide! Who cares if you only have so much retirement or SS! Who cares if your with someone different than you were a while back! Who cares if you got bills and have been late! Hey welcome to the world pal! EVERYONE well almost everyone has bills AND a past! Your life can be so much better if you just face it head on!

Ace

Kick ARSE Ace!  Exactly!  Living in fear SUCKs, no matter the reason.  =)

Matt

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »

Now I'm afraid.  Some of you have histories.  Please don't steal my bus! Wink

MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

ZubZub .... All your busses are belong to me.

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: