Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 19, 2014, 11:58:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow free meal @ Joe's Steak House just 4 being a bus nut!  (Read 928 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2009, 07:42:53 PM »

Wow talk about cool, we went to our favorite local establishment for awesome steaks & grub, and was shocked when it came time to pay the bill and found out it was taken care of by a fellow over the phone!

Huh? What you talk'n 'bout Willis May? (from the old sit com Different Strokes W/Gary Coleman as Arnold! LOL!)

Come to find out one of our own called her some time ago and told her the next time our "gang"  ( IE dad, mom, my sister & I) came in he wanted to pay for our meal, to repay us for doing him a favor.

Well we were shocked, flabergasted, and well stuffed too!

We hadn't done anything for Niles that we would not have done for anyone else! Yes we did him a favor by swinging by a place that dad was already in the area of and pick up some big concert size speakers, brought them home and stored them a while. And when he was coming up to TN, We loaded them into my sister's mini van and took them down to Nashville and met him with them. Again Jeannie and I were already going to Nashville anyway that day so it was not like we went out of the way to help a fellow bus nut! After all we were just doing what friends do, helping out each other.

Anyway we hadn't all been to Joe's as a group since then as we have been just covered up and on the go in different directions constantly since buying out the other company in February! So when May saw us all in as a group 4 a change she made sure to take care of our bill per Niles instructions!

Niles thanks alot buddy, but really you shouldn't have. We didn't do anything to deserve it. We was just helping out and we were in the area both times 2!

Now about the new company. Wow man oh man, I ain't never had so many headaches in all my life! Talk about busy Mom & Dad are still pretty much first out always as usual. But we have other drivers on the road too.
I have cut back on my driving to stay close to the office and shop. And also I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and narcolepsy. (When they told me that I told them that was BS! I ain't never narced on anyone! But then they explained it is a disease involving just falling asleep for no reason @ anytime. Which is one of the reasons I'd been going to the Dr. I thought I was just being too stressed out with all the extra load, hrs and worrying about the huge debt we'd took on!)
But my sleep problem is getting better as I went through a program and did a sleep test and got a breathing machine to use while sleeping and I am doing much better and getting a good quality rest while sleeping now, and have less trouble with falling out at various times for no reason now! 

I still mainly drive my '95 ~ S217 forty five footer, but share it with dad, and my uncle Robert too.
The little '95 S215 forty footer we bought at the same time is so fun to drive almost all the drivers fight over it.
I sure do get a big smile on my face when I see either of those 2 ~ '05 S417's out on the road anywhere. (I love them, but feel like it's more important for me to drive the old one & let drivers use the newer ones)
Dad & Mom drive one most of the time, but not all the time. The other one different drivers share.
My sister and 1 of our other drivers still love the little old '85 MCI 96A3. So we let them have it! LOL!

Man has business been crazy since the merge/take over! We are turning down folks for buses left & right! (and that is a good thing, because it means we are booked to capacity already!)   Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »

Be sure you take care of that sleep apnea.  You'll feel better, plus we don't want to her about any bus crashes due to the driver falling asleep.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
cody

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:20:56 PM »

Wow, Bk, I was wondering zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz about how you guys were doing zzzzzzz, we hadn't heard from you in so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz long that we were worried, I know that zzzzzzzz you've all been busy tho so we thought that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz maybe you were on the beach somewhere zzzzzzzzzzzzz with a load of co-eds lol. zzzzzzzz
letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 09:58:17 PM »

I have never had a C-PAP machine but everyone I have talked to they say you will feel like a new man! Congrats on the free meal. You may not expect anything for the services you do but I have heard from several members on here how you go out of your way to help.  Ain't it nice to be appreciated and full  Grin

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 04:50:39 AM »

If you have never visited BK and his family  you have missed meeting the best crew ever. All so has one of the best parking spots in western Tenn.  Under the big oak tree with a nice breeze.

uncle ned
"HUGGY BEAR"

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: