Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 01:21:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Train Alerts!!!  (Read 4419 times)
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »

We are looking for a train horn. I don't have a problem installing another tank, but I didn't know if electric was better. Just in the looking stage I found some Wolo's http://www.wolo-mfg.com/truck.htm.

Some of the horns on that page looked kind of interesting. What do you all think, and which one?

I'm going to be installing one like "The Chief" with a lanyard -- I'm also trying to find one like the early Disneyland Monorails had (for routine use off the floor switch) and use the horn button for the electric.  That will give me my choice as needed.
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 09:12:38 PM »

On both my big rig and my bus I am using the 4 chime Buell train horn kit for trucks.  Go to buell.com and notice how much bigger in diameter the horn throat is by the base reed end of the horn.  These horns really get out and have a distinct tone to them (purposely toned differently then any available train horn so not to be mistaken for a train).  Good Luck, TomC

Tom, it's http://www.buellairhorns.com  The other site gives you motorcycles, which is kinda related. Perhaps we can do a "Mythbusters" type of experiment to see if we can blast a Buell motorcycle off the road with a Buell airhorn?  Roll Eyes

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 10:17:58 AM »

Doug, thanks for the link. I sure couldn't find where the air horns were on the original site, but I didn't want to post and say I couldn't find it. I figured then somebody would say that it was right in front of my nose the whole time, and I would again be an idiot Grin Wink Grin.

Thanks,

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: