Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 06:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you all think that this is needful?  (Read 3959 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 10:31:10 AM »

It's not specifically buses, but just what you are looking for.

http://rvservicereviews.com/

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »

Len,

That is exactly what I am talking about. The format isn't real great, and it could be a whole lot more user friendly, but it is what I am talking about.

Thanks.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

John316
   I do agree with you that it would be nice to have some place to get input on how good or bad a shop is. Maybe not so much an individuals experience but a rating system for a shop where all that have used that shop could rate them similar to eBay.  Another idea maybe to just post what details to have in writing. Certain shops that may or  maynot do as implied. Myself being new to the bus conversion i would really like to know if a shop gets a reputation of installing window that leak.  This way I may use the shop if the good rating is high but check the window for leaks before I payed.  No I am not great at putting my thoughts into words but I try  lol.

1976 4905
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »

Isn't the rule of this board no badmouthing

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=26.0

Now if your are seriously thinking about using someone you seems can ask for experience from the board before you go.  It would just be a thread.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 06:37:39 AM »

After giving a lot of thought to John's idea and the replies, I can't support a business complaint section.  What I would be supportive of would be a place for members with at least a "Full Member" status to post praise of a shop or supplier.  No negatives allowed for the reasons pointed out so far.  (the reason for the "Full Member" requirement would be to help avoid unscrupulous operators from posting their own praise).

I realize that falls short of the idea of warning people about bad operators.  But as has been pointed out it can be a real minefield and every business will have mistakes.  (granted yours sounds like a real bad one)  But if a business receives a lot of praise (like U.S. Coach typically does), then that says something too about your chances of a good experience with them.

Based on what you related, that wouldn't have helped your situation since you indicated they were a reputable company.  But I would have to say that sounds like a strange anomaly that sounds like it must have contributing factors.  And as I said, every company makes mistakes, including complete fubars.  In your case, what did they say or agree to do about it when you complained?  Their response to a complaint says more about their business ethics.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 06:52:15 AM »

Mike,

Thanks for the response. I understand your position on this. Makes sense to me. I understand your point about only accepting praise, but I think that bad experiences would also be a key factor. I am still thinking about whether I launch this on my own, but I have not decided.

And, yes, we did talk with the company, and we got nowhere. They admit, somewhat, that they might have made some mistakes, but otherwise they are closed with discussions. We finally let it drop, decided to cut our losses, and fix everything ourselves (we live about 800 miles from the). I am not so much concerned about getting our "losses" covered, as making sure somebody else doesn't get damaged.

I am not into the head bashing stuff, that is on the net so often. That is why I haven't mentioned the name of the company...

Thanks for the replies. It has been a good topic.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
bigjohnkub
pd4903-188 and now pd4107

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 07:41:24 AM »

Redneck, I agree( for what its worth). Don't tell me where the bad shops are, I'm not looking for them. Tell me where the good ones are. I'm lucky that I can do all of my maintenance, but realize some can't.
Big John

Big John  Tyler Tx PD 4903-188 & 4107
871 dd, 4 spd Fuller.
LOVE MY BUS!!!!
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »

...What I would be supportive of would be a place for members with at least a "Full Member" status to post praise of a shop or supplier.  No negatives allowed for the reasons pointed out so far.  (the reason for the "Full Member" requirement would be to help avoid unscrupulous operators from posting their own praise).

As a newbie I agree with the full member requirement and not because self serving business owners might miss lead us but because many newbies are newbies because we don't know all that much.  As an example, I paid $1,500.00 for a complete fluid change and inspection.  I was underwhelmed with the information from the inspection but was the price fair for what I received?  I don't know.  Any complaint or praise would be unjust concerning my experience.  So the full member requirement also might ease everybody's concerns about unjust criticism.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 09:15:42 PM »

Hmmm. At 1st I thought this was another Bashing theard and like others in the archives of this board and others and thought, No real good will come of it. BUT THEN, some real wisdon and intelligence have been shared among men. I, for one, hope that this great discussion does not fade off into the abyss. Gary is wise and we should start here. I think alot of good will come from a "Kudo" category. We will all have an opportunity share and let it evolve into a helpful Bus tool. All the Best, M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 11:29:46 PM »

John,

I thought you had a GREAT idea.  I guess the problem is in execution and "angles" that I hadn't considered.

Still, I applaud you concern for my welfare and that of others.  The woods are full of creeps and bandits out there.  Flagging them makes the good guys stand out even more....and that's a good thing both ways.

We had a serious "go round" on this board about a business called "WALKER COACH".  That bird even did prison time over his shady dealings.  I remember there were more than a few that thought the board comments were uncalled for and even unjust.  Then he got sent up the river.  There were numerous people that got on the forum and asked for input about Walker as they were about to drop their bus off for extensive work.  Well they got lucky and many people told them to check the archives for "walker Coach" and others suggested that they be contacted off line.  Every time that happened I breathed a sigh of relief.....for the Knut that escaped financial shredding.

Then there was the D repair shop near an airport around Phoenix(as I recall).  That must have been an awesome outfit cause the advice to one Knut was :  "I don't care if you engine is out of the bus and in pieces.  get a front loader and scrape up your parts and get your bus on a hook and drag it out of there.  Cannot be worse than what you will face if you let them finish and then rape you for a job so poor you will not make 1000 miles"....loose quote here on my part but close in tone and msg.

I believe that the board considers it an abuse to "bad mouth" any business on the board.  MANY, me included, are on record as saying that to accurately relate how you were robbed and the circumstance is simply relating history.  Such as:" they estimated 3 days in writing and I got my bus back in three weeks and only half the work specified was done and they charged twice what the estimate called for for the entire job. Nightmare!".  Got the estimate?  Got the bill?  Got dates? .....history!

This whole thing can be a can of worms and I am not sure I know how it should be done.  I am one of those radical conservatives that believes in transparency and keeping it all in the open and on the record.  How about a board where you list the company that you have done bus with and then anyone considering that shop can contact you for some "history'  good and bad.  Sound fair?  Consider the source and ask how many are in that boat and share that opinion.  I really think we need to put on our thinking caps and figure a way that Knuts can share their history/grief/extraordinarily good experiences.  HOW'BOUT IT GUYS?

John316, I thank you for picking up this ball and carrying it the distance you have.  Great Esprit De Corps.  Semper Fi!

And right back at ya on that God Bless thing,

John, ever the follower

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 04:06:26 AM »

It's easy, have a star rating system. 5 being the best and 0 being the worst. Only allow comments to be 100 letters or so, box would be headlined, Work Performed.

5 stars - best in customer service, satisfaction of completed job

4 stars - better customer service, satisfaction of completed job

3 stars - good customer service, satisfaction of completed job less than expected

2 stars - poor customer service, satisfaction of completed job much less than expected

1 star - lousy customer service, not satisfied with expectations of job performed

0 stars - not recommended

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: