Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 09:28:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P8M4905A-?  (Read 856 times)
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:27:24 AM »

The Buffalo that I own has the electronic turn siginal flasher.And it works fine with no problem.
The question that I have is if you were to install LED lights in place of the standard bulbs would the electronic flasher work as normal ?
I would think that the amp draw would be less with the LED's and the flasher might not work as advertised.
jlv

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »

All you can do is try it out.  I have the mechanical flasher (very loud) and it didn't faze it at all when I changed my back to LED.  Good LUck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 11:44:35 AM »

JLV -

You've just GOT to install those big 7" amber LED turn signal lamps on the back of your 4905!  The red brake lights, too!

Their visability is awsome, compared to the OEM bulbs.

All the local school districts around me have changed their Crowns, Gilligs, Blue Birds & Thomas's to these, and we've got a good supplier here in town - California Bus Sales.  If you ask real nicely, I might just mosey on over there and find out how much damage they'd do to your pocketbook.  Wink

CBS carries the better LED units, the ones that have a gazillion in them.  They've got a lot of other LEDs, too, for side turn signals, clearance lights, interior lighting, etc.  They also carry the bases, those elusive critters that you mount the lights to.

If interested, send me a note - you know the email addy. . .

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: