Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 07:20:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, learned a ton in SLC this week!  (Read 748 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »

OK Booger and I came out here to Salt Lake City, UT and attended a free training course put on by Setra of N. America, all we had to do wuz cover expenses!

Wow we are both amazed at the wealth of free information that was drilled into us for the 3 days of class! 1st off it was more or less a basic (that's what they call it!) course on the S417 HDH model which we just bought 2 of with the purchase of Just For the Fun of it Charters & tours in February.
But I'm here to tell you in my opinion it was a very informative, and thorough course! Also we learned many things that apply to our S215 HDH & S217 HDH series coaches as well as other brands too!
Many times during the course the "P", the "M", and the "V" companies were brought up and little tid bits and suggestions slipped out of the mouths of other students and occasionally the instructors too! (although he would only call them by the "first letter" names. LOL)

Wow I never knew that we'd bought coaches that were smarter than I am, but we did! These things literally tell you what's wrong with them if you just pay attention and follow a few basic procedures to track the exact location of the "fault" making it a snap to correct them!

I'm actually looking forward to going home and seeing what I can make the 2 we own tell me what ales them! LOL !

Actually though what really happens when I get home is I fly into Nashville on Monday the 11th. And drive out of Memphis to Tulsa on the 12th thru the 16th.

OK we finished our classes on Thursday afternoon, and slept in this morning! Then this afternoon we went and spent the whole afternoon at Cabella's Outdoor store in Lehi, UT. Wow talk about fun and almost costly  too! had to constantly remind Booger that "if you buy that we gotta get it home, which means either shipping it directly, or paying extra baggage fees!"

We are gonna find something to do tomorrow and Sunday, then we fly out early Monday AM!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »

Totally OT, hower you said, ""if you buy that we gotta get it home, which means either shipping it directly, or paying extra baggage fees!"!"
I quit flying because of this BS and the TSA idiots!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »

Quote from: jackhartjr
I quit flying because of this BS and the TSA idiots!
Jack

Jack I have a feeling that Booger won't be flying again either! This was his first time, and he say's "once back in Nashville it will be his last!" LOL!
I told him that's gonna make it difficult to make it to the advanced class in Denver in November! His response was "tell me when I gotta be there and I'll meet ya there even if I have to ride my motorcycle!"
LOL!
Grin   BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: