Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 01:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air hose connection...  (Read 2221 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2006, 08:00:58 PM »

Question - I have found an air connection in the rear of the bus.  Nothing is connected to it.  Would this be where an air compressor could be connected to pump air into the bus system?

Thanks - as always...
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:13:12 PM »

Danny a little more info would be helpfull in giving you a correct answer on this! If you can follow the line and it T's into the main line coming out of the compressor before the main line goes to the air drier yes it is "assumed" to be a good location! I say "assumed" because I'm not sure where the line you refer to is located or where it actually goes! Knuckle! Cool

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:27:46 PM »

On an MCI typically there is a couple of valves located in the RH upper rear service door, curb side. You can install an air chuck into the system and air up the whole bus. If a valve is present, it may have to be opened. Be sure that an air dryer is between the bus and shop air supply. You only want dry air. Set the regulator to knock off at about 110 lbs of pressure. 120 is max, but don't want to take chances. Never overinflate your coach.
You will also find an air fill valve inside the upper front washer service door....beneath the driver.
They will both air up the bus completely.
There are also 2 valves on the upper RH engine service door area that may control your tag axles. You may have dash control over them also. You should familiarize your self with the tag axle inflation valves...or manual inflation valves. If you have tag axles?
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Phil in SoCal

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 01:43:23 AM »

Or vise versa. On my bus, these convenience fittings can be used to supply air if the bus pressure is up, or you can connect a compressor to them & pump into the bus.

BTW, wouldn't it be nice if one day there were sufficient bus conversions on the road that parks would plumb in compressed air to at least some sites?? 

Phil in SoCal
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 09:55:36 AM »

Or vise versa. On my bus, these convenience fittings can be used to supply air if the bus pressure is up, or you can connect a compressor to them & pump into the bus.

BTW, wouldn't it be nice if one day there were sufficient bus conversions on the road that parks would plumb in compressed air to at least some sites??

Phil in SoCal
;DPhil, I don't see it happening , unless of course maybe at some of those snobish "High $Resorts" Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 10:11:49 AM »

The busses in those snobbish resorts don't leak down Grin

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 10:13:54 AM »

The busses in those snobbish resorts don't leak down Grin
  Grin Yeah Right! Uh huh got me convinced!  Grin  Cool

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: