Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 02:51:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 battery charging  (Read 749 times)
Devin & Amy
FMCA#377731

1980 MC9 8v71 4spd man. Fulltiming family of 6

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2006, 04:42:40 PM »

Hi all,

I have installed a Tripplite 24v inverter on the bus, for on the road use for the fridge and tv.
I also have a Heart interface 1000w inverter/charger for my 12v side which has the 120/12v switch , i.e. knows when its hooked to shore power.

Question: I would like the heart to charge my bus batteries when I am connected to shore power for a couple of weeks, to have a maintenence charge. Can I do this or do I have to get a 24v trickle charger.

Thanks for your opinions.
Devin

Devin, Amy, and the kids!!
Happily Bussin'!!
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »

Your best bet would be to find a downloadable manual for the Heart Inverter.  My best information, to be corrected by somone more knowladgeable than me, is that Heart was bought out by either Vanner or Xantrax.  There may be Owners manuals out there floating around in cyberspace though. Wink

Do not despair.  One of our more learned BusNuts will follow this post with some better information.  That's the nature of this Board.

We live to help! Grin

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 06:14:35 PM »

My heart inverter output trickle charge voltage was adjustable in three or four steps. I typically kept it on 13.2 volts which seemed to maintain them indefinitely at the proper float voltage.
Richard

Your best bet would be to find a downloadable manual for the Heart Inverter.  My best information, to be corrected by somone more knowladgeable than me, is that Heart was bought out by either Vanner or Xantrax.  There may be Owners manuals out there floating around in cyberspace though. Wink

Do not despair.  One of our more learned BusNuts will follow this post with some better information.  That's the nature of this Board.

We live to help! Grin

Bob

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: