Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 06:10:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leveling/Raising blocks  (Read 1005 times)
gus

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2006, 06:11:12 PM »

A while back there was a long string about blocks for raising buses. Most of them were made of very heavy wood, too heavy for this old wimp. 

I found some great ones at Camping World made of plastic that lock together like leggos. I had my doubts but gave them a try and they are great. I use them for leveling while camping and for raising my 4104 for maintenance.

They come in packs of 4 or 10, but 4 are not enough to do anything with a bus. The 10 packs also come with a carrying case. The square 10 packs are much easier to stow than those long heavy wood ramps. I have 50 and can make any size or shape ramp I need. I got this many because I don't feel comfortable just supporting one dual.

They are usually around $32-36 but are on sale now for $26. If you order more than $75 the shipping is only $1, a real deal.

No, I don't have anything to do with CW but I know a good thing when I see it.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 09:30:15 PM »

Bought two packs of 10 years ago and have had only 3 of them break due to being on uneven ground.  When on the smooth concrete of my warehouse, I put a rag under the risers that seems to keep them from sliding when driving up on it.  On either asphault or packed dirt, it doesn't much seem to matter.  Best levelers.  Come in a canvas bag.  Keep one set on either side of the bus.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 03:44:20 PM »

Tom,

Good idea, I haven't used them on a slick hard surface yet and hadn't thought about slipping. I used them a couple of times in WM parking lots but their pavement is pretty rough so had no problems.

I had them on crushed limestone gravel for about a week and am getting ready to do it again to try to tighten up the steering. On one side there was a soft spot in the gravel and I thought sure some would break, but they didn't. I really didn't expect them to be this tough so only bought a couple of 10 packs at first.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: