Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:49:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Tour  (Read 2476 times)
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »

Western PA Update:

Just spoke to the manager of a local campground easily accessable to the Western 70/76 Interchange (PA Turnpike/New Stanton). Used to advertise as "Big Rig friendly", but his bridge it being resurfaced. He stated it will be rated (again) at 90,000 lbs. He's got two parking spots down below it though, and invited me to check the place out. If it's any good, I'll post more about it. In the meantime, if you get out this way and are tired, there is a Wallyworld; Greensburg PA,  just 7 miles North of the New Stanton interchange (8 or 9 minutes) that is easy and convenient to get to. Plus it has several places to eat. No Micky D's, that's a mile up the road. Instead there is a Red Robin, Panera Bread, Steak N'Shake, Sonic, a Steak house, Wing place, and something else..ohh yea, one of those Whor....er Starbucks coffeehouses  Cheesy within a very short walking (parking lot) distance. PM me if you want more info.

Smiley Doug

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:25 AM »

Bob,

Looking good, great info,

I also have a temporary dish, like you show on top of the toad. We have still to use are dish away from home. Do you have any problems locating satellites? How do you tune yours in do you have a meter? If so which meeter should I look for?

Thanks

John
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 05:08:49 AM »

Do you have any problems locating satellites? How do you tune yours in do you have a meter? If so which meeter should I look for?
Thanks
John

When using our portable dish antenna, we use a signal meter we purchased at Camping world for about $30.00. This meter connects in line at the antenna (sat receiver has to be connected and on) and gives you signal strength as you move antenna. Once you have a strong signal, meter is removed and coac connected directly to the antenna.
   Note: this signal meter finds signals, but does not differeniate between Dish and DirecTV.  You have to have an idea where to point your antenna before fine tuning it.  One way is to look at other antennas that are already set up. BUT, look at the front of the other antennas to be sure they are using the same service as you (Dish or DirecTV). Don't ask how I found this out!!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
bcaddel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »

John
As always Jack Conrad hit the nail right on the head. He hit every point you need to pay attention to. We have Direct TV and I get the proper settings from the television (or internet) by enterring the zip code of the location I am at. The antenna usually needs to point around 185 to 190 degrees for most places we have been and there are two more settings that the dish needs to be adjusted for and on my Directv antenna there are all markings and have adjustment screws so I set all three settings and very importand make sure the pole is perfectly straight (I use a level on two sides) then with the meter or by using the television signal (it has an audible and visual scale) I turn and/or tilt the antenna ever so slightly and it generally comes right in.

I have spent hours trying to get it to work in the past with no success but it has been because of trees or buildings blocking part of the signal I think. I have been pretty lucky the last 5 or 6 times though.

Bob Caddel, Las Vegas Nevada
1971 MC7, 8V71, Allison MT654
bcaddel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »

Frank
We are spending the night at a small truck stop just south of Richmond Virginia tonight (Thursday) and we are headed to Duncan Family Campground tomorrow but aren't supposed to check in until afternoon sometime. We will be coming through Woodbride sometime between 9 and 10 in the morning. If you know of a handy place to meet and are available around that time, I am sure the wife and I would be ready for a fresh cup of coffee.

Let us know if your available.

Bob and Pearl
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 04:27:05 AM by bcaddel » Logged

Bob Caddel, Las Vegas Nevada
1971 MC7, 8V71, Allison MT654
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: