Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 02:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busnut Burned Out - Lost Home and Bus. Needs Help  (Read 7488 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »

Actually, several bus nuts helped me get those roof air units all the way from Oregon to Arcadia, FL.  Dale (Songman) and Don Fairchild picked them up on the way back from a trade show in Seatle and took them back to Bakersfield.  Then they dropped them off with Melbo in New Mexico while on their way to another trade show in Louisiana.  Then Melbo brought them to Arcadia to the rally.  The original plan we were looking at was another friend who drives a truck might have been able to bring them back if I got them to a point where he could pick them up.

I am thankful to all of the people for helping me get those roof airs and to John for providing them.

I have seen lots of trips being talked about on the forum lately.  Maybe a few people could form a relay team to get them to Kevin.  Perhaps someone on their way back from Bus N USA could get them part way and hand them off to others until they are all the way to Kevin.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 10:21:07 PM »

Mike,

That BusNUsa event at Rickreall is a super idea.  I will post to them or anyone want to do that?  There are people from all over that go to that event.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 07:39:39 PM »

John, how about you go ahead and post the request since you would have a feel for how much space it would take in their bay.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »

You betchum Red Rider. Huh Grin

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Krashdragon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »

MacGyver,
I really hate to read how you're being screwed by SF...
I worked as a catrostrophe insurace adjuster after hurricane Ike... we were told to try and pay all reasonable damages..
I did my claims by phone and email pics... and we tried like hell to pay as much as we could...ok, the more we paid out, the more we made, but I guess that's not the case with you... I'm so sorry about that.

We did need to ask the people to list everything that was damaged... otherwise we had no idea of what they had.
That was the most frustrating part... a pile of moldy rotten clothes isnt' much different than a pile of burned ones... sucks big time.

I do hope you're feeling better, I did send a small donation. Maybe I need to send some cat food next time... Cheesy
so what did you name him?

Crossing my fingers and praying for ya!
Take care of yourself.
Mary aka Krashdragon
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »

Krashdragon, that may be changing.  I have a friend that has been a independent catastrophe adjuster for about 20 years.  He has said that in the last few years insurance companies have gotten a lot tighter about claims.  On his last few disasters, the insurance companies told the adjusters to keep the claim values down.  Those that exceeded an undocumented threshold were sent home (equivalent to fired).
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »

Kevin,

Get me a pic of the side of your bus so I can select the D window you need.  What model is your bus?  4107 was mentioned as a model that we have glass for.

John

—Pla
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 06:49:26 AM »

Mac,

Did you already order some windshields?

If not, I should have two that I am removing today.

They are used, but would be good enough until you decide what to do with the coach.

If so, maybe we can see how they could hitch a ride North.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »

Whew.  A few posts since I was last online.  heh.

Ok.

---

Mike...  Yeah, I'm still pretty drained.  My back and neck have been causing me a serious bit of pain lately, but it'll pass in time.  As for rest...  I've had quite a lot, but honestly...  I could stay asleep for two days straight and still wake up tired and drained.  This whole situation just wears a person down, ya know?  Sad

---

John...  The bus is a 1970 GMC PD-4905 #030.  I'm not sure if the windows between the 4107 and 4905 are the same as far as the "D"'s...  But I need both sets.   Once I get the bus roadable again (not necessarily converted, just able to drive it legally again, windows and lights put in, etc...), then I'll probably head out to North Cali.  A friend there has offered a place to stay and says there's ample work that I can do.  So I'm seriously considering that as an option once the bus is ready to roll again. 

As for the other windows...  I'll take anything I can get right now.  I'm sure I can adapt a lot of things to work...  I'm not picky.  Anything done now that I don't like later on can just be redone... It's not a big deal.  After all, we're all about adapting to our particular environment as a community, aren't we?  Smiley  Also, check into what it would cost to get them shipped to me..  I might be able to find a way to swing it.

I like Dobies...  But I have to admit, I love the German Shepherds personally...  Dobies provoke a fear response to many people, but a large German Shepherd...  Well, that provoked everyone. Wink  All the time I've had Shepherds, we've never had a break in...  Everyone knows we have them and the Dobies, so no one dares try!  ^.^  And, for the purebreds (which Coco is), their reputation is well justified.  Coco comes from a long line of police dogs in Australia...  Her grandfather was supposedly named top police dog on the force several years in a row, and her father was just absolutely MASSIVE.  I've honestly never seen a German Shepherd as big as him..  He was docile, Coco's mother was high strung...  Coco inherited the high strung attributes as well as aggressive tendencies.  She's loyal to the end and highly protective...  I need to get her trained though, I just haven't had the time or energy lately to work with her.  Hopefully that'll change soon.

---

Cliff...

Yes, the windshields were ordered.  I'm waiting for them to arrive still.  It's now too hot to work with the bus at all for me, so I'll have to just wait until cooler weather moves in... Probably September or so now.  So I've got plenty of time to think about what I'll be doing next. 

I did start cleanup on the bus and what I've cleaned turned out pretty good.  I'm definitely going to have to do some rewiring and replace the dash cluster entirely.  I can probably salvage the steering wheel, but it's going to take a lot of work.  I'll probably strip the plastic off it and make a wooden handle surface with a leather wrap on it...  It got quite hot in the sun, so that'll keep it cool to the touch after it's done.

---

Also, after inspecting things a bit further, I've found that the front A/C unit is totally trashed.  The internal plastic fans melted.  However, the rear two units seem intact and the fans spin freely.  I will, however, require new bottom control units, as they did melt....  I can probably find them on eBay fairly cheap, but those aren't a priority right now...  Not much on the bus is a priority right now...  As I said, it's simply too hot here for me to work on it. 

I also need to come up with a smaller gennie to run my power tools on.  I ran out of fuel on the big one (which was way overkill to be running small powertools on to begin with), and have no way to refill the tank for it...  Don't really want to with the price of fuel right now.  It'll run for probably 4 days on a full tank non-stop.  My dad thinks he can get one from work to use for what I need it for..  It's an older unit that isn't working efficiently any longer, but I think I can fix what's wrong with it with a few tweaks to the governor. 

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
http://b.logthis.net/toothless
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »

John, here's the pics you asked for...

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
http://b.logthis.net/toothless
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print