Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 20, 2017, 01:52:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sign of the Times? Bus conversion values in the toilet!  (Read 1871 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »

I saw this bus conversion on craigs.... and thought to myself, WOW has the market plunged that far?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/rvs/1168080925.html

Is it really that bad?

FYI, I have no interest in the bus, just using it as an example!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:36:53 AM »

Can you imagine how valuable 18K would be if you where out of work and loosing your home??.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:59:32 AM »

Dan, I was thinking along the same lines as you!
I live in Hickory, NC...where most of the furniture jobs have gone to China and Mexico...we have double digit unemployment.  (I won't invoke any former presidents names here!) Grin
I see folks do some things they would have NEVER considered to keep their homes and cars, (and buses!)
Jack
PS...and by the looks of things it aint getting better!  (I won't invoke any present sitting presidents name here either!) Wink

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:44:18 AM »

The bus in question might really be worth only $18k.  It is a transit and a Neoplan who is out of business.  I'm not sure there is a big market in old Neoplan parts like there is for MCI and GMC.

I know from experience that pictures can make something look a lot better than it looks in person.  This might really be a gem, but who knows without looking it over.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »

18 grand is a lot of money right now, but if someone was going to start from scratch it would still cost more than twice that to put it all together

Have Fun!!
Grant
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:58:05 PM »

I wrote the seller to get info and more pics.  This is one of those that appears to be beautifully built, but to the owner's very specific needs.  In spite of what appears to nice craftsmanship, the custom, built in furniture looks like benches with cushions.  They do not look particularly comfortable.  It just has a bar frig sitting on a counter.  It has no AC's and does not appear to have been pre-wired to put some in.  It has a 30 amp service.  In the bunch of pictures received, there are none of the bedroom which leads me to believe that it is a couple of cots and not complete.  I'd say that there is definitely much more than 18k worth of work in it, and it would be a real deal for the exact right person.  Anyone else will have a reasonable amount of work to make it work.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: