Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 07:08:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Split AC  (Read 1048 times)
DebDav

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:16:52 AM »

I have been leaning towards basement ac from ronthebusnut.com.  After reading recent threads, I need more info on split ac.

Prevost H3-40.  I can put anything in the bays.  6" roof raise.  I can hide air handlers above closet and cabinets.

Where can I find info, install specs and pricing for split units?

Thanks, David
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:12:40 AM »

http://www.danhard.com/index.htm.  Danhard has the most unique R134A freon A/C available I've seen yet.  It can run either on a belt driven compressor or from a 120vac electric compressor-in the same system!  So you can run down the road with the A/C being driven by the engine then have the same A/C system run by the electric compressor in camp.
www.tundra.cc have both all in one basement air and also split system where just the condensor is outside and the compressor/evaporator is on the floor inside with it ducted up to a high cabinet discharge.  Go to truck A/C system.
Both Duotherm and Coleman make single and double compressor basement units where you have to duct the unit for in and out air.
www.cruiseair.com has split system using a 14,000btu condensing/compressor unit in the basement with various evaporator configurations for the inside unit.  They have been in buisness for many years and are the popular A/C for boats.  They are expensive and have to use copper tubing since they use R22 freon.
Then you have the cheapest, easiest to service, no room in the basement being taken up system-the roof A/C.  I have three Coleman 13,500btu and they do a great job.  If I were to do it again, I would use the Duotherm Penquin low profile, but still with the hang down diffuser with analog controls (I like my systems simple).  Then I'd have a three speed fan for much quieter night time running than the Colemans with their 2 speed fans (like high and medium).  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: