Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 09:55:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Washer/Dryer Combo on Craigslist  (Read 4438 times)
redbus

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:16:15 AM »

This would be a good deal if you need it.

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/rvs/1172024394.html

I have no horse in this race.

Moderator edit:  fixed link
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:20:20 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
Damn Yankee

Bob Shafer 1965 Mci-5A-6029 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:04:17 AM »

Here is one in Michigan http://flint.craigslist.org/rvs/1174047880.html  I have a vented one available for a lot less....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:08:18 AM by Damn Yankee » Logged

cody

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:45:25 AM »

We've got one that we've only used a few times, we'd sell for half that lol. Libby wanted a vented one and this is unvented.  Bontragers regular price is 600 for unvented and 650 for vented models, new surplus.  The main difference is that the unvented models take longer to dry, libby usually ran them thru the wash cycle and then hung them up to dry, works great and comes in handy.  I had worried about her heading to town looking for laundromats, I found out that they don't build laundromats in the best parts of town, what convinced me was when I sat there and watched a drug deal go down in the parking lot.  I had bought the unvented model, then she wanted to get a vented one so I did, no need for both of them, they do come in very handy at times.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:11:48 AM by cody » Logged
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »

We have a Splendide Combo-Matic 6200 unvented. I bought it used when we lived in SoCal, didn't know anything about them at the time, I do now. The unvented is very slow to dry, can't wash a very big load, but it works. My wife likes to use it for her clothes she lets air dry so no biggie. We wash all my stuff in the on site laundry facilities cause my stuff usually smells like grease or diesel anyway! BTW paid about 300 bucks for it.

I would rather have a stackable to wash and dry faster, maybe after I finish the bus! Grin

~Paul~

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:25:39 AM »

Cody, don't waste you money buying the vented Splendide they are slow on the dry cylce also 90 to 120 minutes according to my manual   good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
cody

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:39:23 AM »

We got the vented model last summer and like it, it doesn't dry as fast as what we're all used to in a house but it still does a good job, what we do is load and fire it up after supper and just let it go, I kinda get a kick out of pulling into a campsite next to a pop up camper and starting a load of clothes lol, yep I know I'm perverted lol but aint it fun lol, kinda like pokeing the guys over at rv.net lol, it's almost as much fun as drinking Boones Farm out of a lead crystal stemware lol.  The vented one does dry faster than the unvented one tho but none of them dry as fast as a home style would. One of these days I'm going to buy a 200 dollar bottle of wine and enjoy the wine then refill it with Ripple and invite some upity neighbors over for a drink, ain't life fun when you let it lol.  Geeeze, libby just walloped me and all I'm doing is typing.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 03:37:41 PM »

Cody,

Remind me never to drink wine at your "house". Roll Eyes  Fat chance anyway as I am diabetic and alcohol just makes me SICK all over. Tongue

I pondered the all in one unit a long time ago.  I noticed at the time that they started selling the things on sale for a lot less but the new ones went "UP" in price.  Turns out that the older ones spun the clothes at 5 or 600 rpm.  That's good but the dry cycle run time is related to how much water is in the load to begin with.  To make everything work better and fasted they increased the dry spin cycle to 1000 rpm and that vastly reduced the dry time.  They may be spinning faster nowadays.  Those Euro peoples are always trying to get their energy us down.  Ever see what a KW is going for over there?  Their carbon footprint is a fraction of ours.  Don't get me started Tongue Lips Sealed Cool Cheesy

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
cody

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 03:54:56 PM »

I was sure the ripple crowd would be beating on me by now lol.  No idea how fast these things spin but it is fast, they sound like an airplane taking off when the cycle kicks in, both of them are pretty new. The vented one I bought last summer and the unvented one the winter before.  I'd be happy to break out a new box, I mean bottle of wine. lol
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 07:22:05 PM »

I found out ours spins at 1200 rpm. You have to remove 50% of the clothes before going into the dry cycle, at least the manual says too. It doesn't remove all of the moisture, just enough that you hang the clothes up to finish drying, less wrinkles too. Wink

HTH,

~Paul`

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: